Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

(Prepare for a jumbled post...I waited wayyyy too long to blog again. Ugh.)

Ahhhhhhh. Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for so many things. Family, friends, and FOOD. We had a monstrous Thanksgiving dinner at Mom and Dad's yesterday. I brought perogies with bacon and onions. It took me forever to make 8.75 dozen. I boiled then fried them and put them in the slow cooker to keep them warm. I also brought an oriental salad and was toasting almonds and ichiban noodles until the last minute before we needed to leave.

There was a monster turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, mashed yams, stuffing, meatballs, ham, three broccoli salads, three wild rice casseroles (apparently there was no precollaboration on the items everyone was bringing!) I'm pretty sure there was mass consumption of all the items brought anyway!

It was a rainy weekend from start to finish, including the extra day since today was a holiday. Chris spent part of the weekend working on Saturday, and part of it trying to help a friend find a wounded deer.

We went to Mom and Dad's house again this evening for leftovers. Mom made an AWESOME turkey soup that I devoured two bowls of. The kids ate some too, of course less than I'd like to see them eat as usual. After supper Dad was trying to get his slide viewer to work. It was toast, so he went out to the garage to unearth the projector and screen. He had some slides he discovered plus all the old slides of his and mom's from many yesteryears. We ended up watching about six or seven reels of slides. Which was AWESOME! There were so many pictures from when Cindy and I were little. I cannot WAIT to get my hands on a slide scanner so I can get the pictures on my computer. And my mom the hottie in all her handcrafted outfits? Awesome! It was a very fun trip down memory lane.

On Saturday morning while Chris was at work I took the kids to Tim Horton's. Mom was craving an ice-capp, so we took a drive out for a visit. We came back home after about an hour (seems to be the limit before the kids start to go squirrelly.)

We watched a couple movies this weekend. Iron Man, which was great, even for the kids, despite the violence. Robert Downey Jr. did a good job and the special effects were cool. Today we watched You Don't Mess With The Zohan. Adam Sandler's usual silliness, with a slightly better physique than usual, and he really revealed it in this one. It was pretty funny, though quite a few interruptions from the kids made me miss a few parts. I might watch it again.

Now going back to before the weekend...I had started trimming Carter's hair a little because he was getting shaggy. I trimmed above his ears and at the back of his neck. It was alright, but remembering that picture day was coming, I decided to take him downtown to the barber. On my lunch hour on Thursday I took him. He sat up on the chair (OMG no I didn't take pictures) and was so proud and sat so well. The barber talked to him just like a grown-up. He particularly liked having gel put in his hair. We had seen Mom and Dad across the street, and when Dad didn't hear the 'signature whistle' that I did, I figured out where they were going. So Carter and I walked down to the restaurant down the block and sure enough they were there. We showed off Carter's new 'do and I took him to school. I'm hoping to take Cooper in this week too. So far I've done a pretty good job of cutting the boys' hair but it is nice to get someone else to do it too.

Cooper has been staying up uber-late lately. I just got him to finally crash only about fifteen minutes ago, around the time I started this blog post. It doesn't seem to matter what time or length of time that he naps either. And he whines and whines when he's tired and wants me to lie down with him until he falls asleep. Usually I tell him I have to go to the bathroom and he either falls asleep without me or comes looking for me after about ten minutes.

Well, that's my jumbled up past five or so days. Let's see if I can scrounge up a picture or two...

A view of the gang at the dinner table (23 of us, and this isn't even the whole gang!)

Cindy, Monique and Me

Carter requested that I take his picture.
This outside at the babysitter's house.

He loves to climb in and around the trees.

Another one of Carter, hamming it up for the camera this time. He made sure I took another picture!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Whoa! Look at that table! Just dropped in to say Happy Thanksgivng Up-and-Over!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Wow. Such great pics -- and so much fun!

:)

Miss you....A

Friday, October 17, 2008 9:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home