Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, September 12, 2008

My Very Own Wardrobe Malfunction

I'm pretty sure it was a lack of sleep. I got up and ready for work. I got the boys up, out the door, and to the sitter. I made it to Tim Horton's for my fix and arrived at the office. It was the day of our CPR refresher course and there was a morning session going on. Someone came in for his appointment and said, "Hey there are a bunch of dummies out here." And I said, "Yeah, and some of them work here!" bwaaa haaaa haaaa. Had me a good little laugh there. I used that joke a few times throughout the day.

But the laughter turned to my expense only a short moment later. I was sitting at my desk and I reached down to straighten my shirt and pull it down a bit at the front. I felt something in the fabric and looked down at the seam. I followed the seam with my eyes all the way to the top of the shirt. Hey, I thought, this shirt doesn't have a seam on it. I peered inside the neckline only to find the tag. In the front. Yep, I had my shirt on backwards. When I got dressed I thought it was fitting a little differently. But I've uh...filled out this year and figured that the fabric was stretched out more than it used to be and the part that was supposed to be gathered no longer was. I turned to Donna and laughingly said, ''Uh, Donna...I'm having a wardrobe malfunction. My shirt is on backwards!" I went to get one of the nurses for the next client and darted into an empty office to switch my shirt around. I had two things to laugh at the rest of the day.

I was planning to go for lunch with Mom and the Aunts but had forgotten my CPR course was in the afternoon at the same time as the lunch date. So I asked Chris to take Carter to school and Kelly and I went out for lunch. We had theeeee besssssssst chicken Caesar salads EVER, with breadsticks and sauce. Deeeeeeeelish. And oh so filling.

We went back to work and everyone said they didn't want Resusci-Annie after I was done with her on account of all the garlic in my lunch. The course went well, and each time I go I feel a little more confident that perhaps I could help someone if I had to. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

Today Chris worked until noon. It turned into a crappy, rainy day. It's also getting colder and windier all the time. Ick. We had a quiet day (with a deep sleep that was drool-inducing.) Then we had breakfast for supper again. Just the other day I made pancakes and sausages for supper. This time it was cheesey scrambled eggs and hash browns. Mmmm. I managed to get a few little scoops into the kids.

I actually somehow managed to get some scrapping done! I downloaded some great new kits from NDISB and my next post shows the layouts. I actually started at least four more but ended up closing them before trying to finish them.

It's past twelve-thirty now (on Saturday night) and Carter is still up. Just a few minutes ago Cooper came crawling in and is already zonked again right beside me on the bed. Both of the boys want to go to church again so they've been telling me, so I'd better get some sleep too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

And? Where are the photos? I want to see your Janet Jackson-esque breasts!

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Spill it, Janet! I'm dying here!!!

BAGELS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Friday, September 12, 2008 8:55:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home