Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, August 25, 2008

My Chemical Headache

Okay, so going cold turkey off caffeine sucks a bit. By late afternoon I had a headache. A nasty one. A few gals at the office said the caffeine/mammogram thing isn't always true. The lady at the hospital told me as long as my breasts were feeling okay and not tender it should be fine.

I threw some Midol at my headache when I got home and it laughed at me. I laid down for a bit hoping it would pass while Chris played outside with the kids. Nope. I waited awhile and got out the Tylenol. That helped a bit. I went to Wal-Mart to get some cake mixes and stuff to make a couple desserts for my Mom's lunch party tomorrow. On the way home I stopped at Tim Horton's and grabbed a couple coffees for Chris and me. Almost instant relief. Seriously. Caffeine is a nasty drug. But I feel oh-so-much better. I'm hoping the mammogram doesn't hurt as much as that headache. I doubt it.

So I baked a couple gorgeous chocolate cakes to make these desserts. One will be a Death by Chocolate, and the other is a bit of an experiment. Instead of Cool Whip and Skor Bits, I'm going to use Cool Whip, cherry pie filling and mini chocolate chips. Sort of a Death by Black Forest, I guess. I hope it turns out well. I'm thinking with those ingredients it can't really go wrong. Yum.

We watched a movie called Felon tonight. My review on this one? WOW. And more WOW. Val Kilmer? Amazing. I hope he won something for that performance. And the main character too (I don't know the actor's name; I'll have to Google it later). It was a bit gut-wrenching at times, but the story and the ending made it worthwhile. It's one of those movies that is intensely thought-provoking enough to me that I think about it for a few days.

That's about it for me; I'm going to try to get some good sleep before Cooper comes climbing into our bed at about three-thirty, his usual visiting time. By then I'm in my yummy sleep phase and am unable to gain enough consciousness to carry him back to his own bed. He is such a bed hog; I have got to start kicking him out. One thing that has worked is going to his bed and he follows me back there. Once he's asleep I go back to mine. There's still a loss in quality and quantity of sleep, but at least he's in his bed and I don't get kicked or get my hair mauled. Sometimes I try to hide in the living room, but even in the pitch darkness he wanders throughout the house to find me. ::Sigh::

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Caffeine is better than heroin or meth!

Ummm. I really don't have any experience with the last two. But I would ASSUME it's a better addiction.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:27:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I loves me some caffeine!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

You know they love you when they hunt you down in their sleep! :)

Oh... and never give up caffeine again!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 11:03:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home