Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Over a Week of Sunshine

Wow the weather has been incredible!

At this moment I recall nothing of Thursday but Friday was a memorable one!

I took the day off and had a ME day. First I took the kids to the sitter. I picked up a coffee for Chris and myself and a mocha for Serena, whom I went to visit next for my facial appointment. (I had a gift certificate from my birthday so I'd been planning this for awhile!)

The facial? ROCKED. My face felt so smooth and my neck and shoulders were so relaxed. What a great way to start the day. Afterward I went home and for some BIZARRE reason I decided to clean the kitchen floor. Like really clean it. Like moving the dining table and chairs into the living room, and moving the dishwasher into the living room. Like moving the fridge and stove. Moving the fridge was quite revealing. Let's recap what I found. (besides all the gross dirt):

18 Hotwheels cars
20 letters of the alphabet
1 pizza menu
923745987 assorted fridge magnets
A handful of blocks and stuff

In case this doesn't seem descriptive enough, I will enlighten with you with a picture of my findings. (Not for the squeamish!)



So once I had moved the fridge and stove I encountered all the ickiness underneath both. I sprayed with an array of household cleaners (separately of course!) and wiped away most of it with paper towels. But since this house is very old and the linoleum is so engrained in its pits with dirt, I decided to try tackling it head-on. I've usually just done a regular sweep and mop but I made the extra effort of attempting to clean around the fridge and stove areas with a stiff scrub brush. And OMGITWORKED. I did a few more trouble spots then realized how much of my ME day I was spending scrubbing my kitchen floor. I did another sweep and mopped the whole thing a few times then decided it was time to join Cindy and the kids at the beach.

I headed for the beach with a coffee and a sandwich in hand. I arrived and surprised Cindy and had a visit for about an hour. After a quick dip I headed back to town. The moment I left the beach my gas light came on. Oops. Luckily I had no trouble making the fifteen kilometre trip to the gas station (that's about ten miles for you standard folk). I filled up the Jeep and went home again for a brief few precious moments until it was time to pick up the kids and succumb to the end of my ME day. Really, it was great.

Yesterday we played outside off and on. The boys were up pretty early. Eventually I dragged myself out of bed and decided to go get a coffee for Chris and me. We went to visit him at work then went to Mom and Dad's. We hung out there for awhile and picked up some blueberries I needed to deliver.

We came back to town and Chris got off work. We played outside again for a bit and I took this darling picture of the boys cooling themselves off.



I took them in and gave them a warm bath and was really hoping they'd nap simultaneously. They did, eventually and I got to have a bit of a snoozie. But I needed to get up and ready to go to a surprise birthday party for a coworker. The morning of my facial I dyed my hair and dried it but didn't iron it. I had a quick shower and did all the requisite drying and ironing of my hair and a quick make-up application. I took Carter with me to Wal-Mart and grabbed a snack to bring to the party. I picked up Nicki and dropped off Carter and we were on our way.

Surprisingly, the party really was a surprise for Sandi, and it was a lovely get-together. We had a nice full-moon-lit drive home and I was tired enough to not do any major computing. Both kids were still up for quite awhile so I was hoping to sleep in this morning. Yay! Cooper let me sleep until eight. But Carter was raring to go with his new Bakugan toy we finally found at Wal-Mart. He has played with that thing non-stop since he got it. The only scary thing is that it has a strong magnet in it and I think he touched the computer screen with it. Thankfully it was on the old computer, but we had a talk about staying away from anything with a screen or any electronics. He's allowed to put it on the fridge, any metal doors, the side of the dishwasher and the stove if he asks if it's not on.

So, I was working on a little project on the computer when I saw my friend show up on MSN messenger. For anonymity sake, let's call her Veronica. It was about twenty after nine. She agreed to go beaching with us, so I hustled to get ready to pick her up at ten. We made the trek to beautiful Sandbar Provincial Park. Veronica's sister, (we'll call her Betty), joined us. We had an AMAZING day at the beach. The beach is huge and it was oh so sunny. The kids had a blast. It is downright scary how brave Carter is in the water. He just wanders out until he's up to his neck. Cooper stays fairly close to me but loves the water too. I took a few pictures, and this was the second time both boys have been to Sandbar. The first time Cooper was just six months old. We made sure to get a picture of us near the same tree for posterity purposes...




After an amazing sunny day with an overdose of Vitamin D for yours truly, we headed back home, but not before a stop for ice cream. Carter unfortunately slept through it but Cooper thoroughly enjoyed his.

We came home and Carter woke up and is still up way past ten-thirty. Cooper fell asleep just before we got home and so far he's still down for the count. I'll leave you with a couple more pictures from our sunshiny wonderful day:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic day to play hookie. Thank you for 'pressuring' me to be bad with you. Call again soon !


-Veronica

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Does that rock have its own zip code? lol ITS GINORMOUS! Sounds like a wonderful day! Except may be the under the fridge discovery. I know I ALWAYS find a million magnets and dinkies under mine too. Its a boy thing.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

I can see that the facial left your skin soft as a baby's bottom! Wow. Take me with you next time, please!

Am glad you didn't spend the whole ME day cleaning! LOL! I can just imagine you on your hands and knees, scrubbing.

Those beach pics are wonderful. Looks like you guys had fun.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:15:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Melly,

Me days should not generally involve significant amounts of time moving heavy appliances and scrubbing floors! But glad you had a good day.

Great pic by the tree - just a little difference in the boys, eh?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:54:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home