Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh What a Beeyooooteeeefullll Dayyyyyyy

Wow. I'd just been saying to myself, when are we going to get a cloudless day? And today, we got it. Clear, blue sky, gorgeous hot temperature (I don't even know how much but it was fantastic!) An occasional breeze just to keep you from roasting. It was fabulous.

Chris and Uncle Cliff worked on wiring the Jeep and the trailer for lights this morning. Each morning Chris has been going to Tim Horton's so I've been pretty spoiled. The boys played outside on and off all day. My favourite activity is making bubbles. Fun stuff. I spent the day washing linens and things. It was so nice out that even in the evening when the sun started to hide behind the garage, I was able to dry the duvet on the clothesline. I had a couple duvet covers out for just a little while and they were only slightly damp after. I chucked them in the dryer just to fluff them a little and get the lint off. They were dry in no time.

I did some shopping today. Plenty of groceries. Kelly had stopped by on her way to Wal-Mart so I just went along for the ride and loaded up on plenty of things. Mom and Dad and Uncle Cliff and Auntie Lurdes stopped by after they were out for ice cream. They visited with us a bit and Uncle Cliff brought us some great blocks he made for us to put under the trailer jacks so we can get it level without their sinking into the ground. Chris was chatting with our neighbour that has been working on a new deck. Chris ended up helping and a couple of Chris's friends stopped by to visit and ended up helping finish the whole thing. The neighbours gave the kids some kind of popsicles with red, white and blue. The mess from that and all the bubble stuff and dirt the kids had gotten into all day really made them dirty! I seriously couldn't resist taking this picture of Cooper's feet, because I sincerely don't think he's ever been this dirty in his two and a half years of life thus far!

I had picked up some red hairspray the other day. This goes back to Carter's wanting to have red hair after seeing Kelly's son Ben with blue hair last month. So I finally came through and Cooper was more interested this time than when Kelly did the orange and green on Carter's hair. I put a few dabs in Cooper's hair and coloured all over Carter's hair. Aside from a few wayward dribbles, it looked pretty cool.

The boys were sort of winding down and I brought them in for a bubble bath. The water was reddish (and dirty!) when they were done. I had to really scrub all four of those little feet, and shampoo both boys' hair very thoroughly! I gave them snacks and warm milk and eventually they went to sleep about an hour ago. I got Carter to go collect Chris next door by asking him if he could come home and tuck him in.

I worked on some birth announcements for Seija and Ian today and had a blast doing a 'pink' project. I can't wait to see which design they choose! With their permission I'll post them here one of these days.

Well, I'm hoping for an encore of today's weather tomorrow...maybe I'll just go say a few prayers and include that while I'm at it. Good night! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Eileen said...

It was 35 here today! Now however my apartment feels like a crematorium! lol Glad you are FINALLY getting your hot weather!

Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home