Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fresh

Today was GREAT. We're getting a new colour copier at work so I went to have a peek at it at the store to check the size and decide where to put it. Turns out it's not a whole lot bigger than the old colour laser printer we had in the copy room a few years back.

I did some serious spring cleaning in the copy room. Yes, I can say spring cleaning, because summer clearly isn't here yet for more than the following reasons. 1) We are getting many many April showers. 2) We're still getting May flowers. 3) There are still plenty of ''May Flies'' around. These are goofy little bugs that we also call fish flies, that usually arrive and die out in May.

Anyhoo, there is now room for the copier and I purged some junk, as well as tidying up some surplus crap that has been sitting around. Now if I could just muster up the guts to tackle this in my own house I'd be laughin'! ::sigh::

Our summer student helped me finish up a project that I've had on the burner for awhile while I worked on another. Fantastic! By day's end tomorrow I'll have no loose ends to fret over on the weekend. Yay!

Mom called in the afternoon and invited us for fresh fish for supper. Um. Let me think...OKAY! I picked up the kids and they had a good day at the sitter. Chris came home from work and showered and we headed out to Mom and Dad's. We had a beautiful supper of fresh walleye, beans (ick but everyone else likes those), crisp golden French fries, fresh buns and a tossed green salad. Fantastic.

Mom played outside with the kids after supper and of course they quickly gravitated toward the lake. Being the cool Grandma that she is, she let the kids go in the water, (fully-dressed might I amusingly add), and they had a blast. Somehow she got them to come back to the house and she stripped them down to undies to put their clothes in the dryer, since I hadn't brought any spares. (Even though I did slightly suspect that such a thing would happen!) The boys did not care that they were running around in damp underwear/pull-up.

We sat and visited for awhile then we came home. Cooper was still up past ten o'clock. Carter was engrossed in Batman Forever or one of those Batman sequels that I've never watched. He's probably asleep now. I had Cooper nearly out in his room watching a movie and I sneaked out. But I figured I'd blog on the laptop and crash right after so he must have rolled over and noticed I was gone and saw the glow on my face in my room from the laptop. He crawled up beside me on the bed and promptly zonked out.

Not sure if I'll manage to do any scrapping tonight but if I do I'll try to come back and post something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ernie said...

Melly?... Even I don't take the computer to bed... :)

Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Wow. I do. : )

Friday, July 18, 2008 1:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home