Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Just Run Me Over With the Jeep

I had a checkup at the doctor this morning. I got up extra early to make sure I was perfectly 'groomed'. I managed to get the boys fed, dressed, and to the sitter on time and get myself to work.

My check-up was thorough, including the obligatory pap test. Right when it was time to bare my...uh...soul, my leg bumped a button on the wall and I heard a doorbell sound. I was worried it would summon someone while I was exposed, but the doctor assured me it was just an intercom button for the next room. Whew! The laughter was a good tension breaker for me and the rest of the examination went fine. Apparently all my stuff is still generally in the right place. Bonus! I had made a list of things to discuss with him, and we made it through the whole list with many of my questions and concerns answered. Next stop was the lab where I had some routine bloodwork drawn.

Because of some family history, I'll be having my first mammogram in the near future. Oy. I joked with Dr. Dove asking if they make a mammogram machine small enough for my size. Apparently it's one size fits all, and he suggested if I wanted to practice to just drive over my boobies in the driveway. Niiiiiiiiiiice.

I went back to work and the rest of the morning flew. The afternoon did too, since I had the late lunch hour today. After work the boys and I picked up Chris from work. We came home and Chris stayed outside for awhile to work on his truck. The boys and I had mini pizzas for supper and we hung out.

Hopefully Cooper will have a better night than last night. He was coughing his little guts out last night. I rubbed some Vicks on his chest and the soles of his feet and it helped a little but he still had a rough night, therefore so did I.

I need to get up early again so I can accompany Kelly to pick up her vehicle. (Finally!) I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell about that adventure tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Hey, I had my first mamo at 26 because of family history. Really, it's not anywhere near as bad as everyone hypes it up to be. Just make sure you don't go at "that" time of the month. I mean if they're tender anyway, why smash them between two pieces of glass? Glad to hear all your parts are in the right place. Total bonus.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:27:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so proud of you.

I'm so glad to be home.

I'm so wishing for a trip to Canada.

i'm so tired.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home