Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Stand Back. This Thing is Loaded.

Ahhhhhhhh. Blogging from the laptop. The new laptop is now loaded like the previous one was. And now I'm clutching on to it for dear life. I just loaded the last of my scrapbooking stuff on it tonight. Copying all that stuff onto the external hard drive then moving it to the laptop takes a long time. After the last laptop vanished I tidied up the hard drive on the desktop computer and got rid of about twenty gigs of stuff and organized things a bit better.

So now I already have about a hundred gigs of pictures and scrapbooking on the new laptop. And it feels goooooooood. The new laptop is actually a bit thinner and lighter than the first one. It's pretty much completely different, but in good ways.

Well, it's the middle of June and we're having a heck of a time getting above single-digit temperatures. Sad. The weather had better improve by the time we take our holiday time next month!

The rest of the weekend was quiet (and lazy on my part). I watched The Bucket List on Sunday and Chris finished watching Jumper since he had fallen asleep on Saturday night while we were watching it.

Tonight I made burritos for supper. I tried a variety of presentations for the boys. I thought they'd like the wraps, but they only nibbled. I hollowed out buns and filled them with the ground beef and cheese for them. A couple more bites. At least Chris and I enjoyed them. I put the leftover taco beef in a ziploc bag and put it in the freezer for next time or maybe for a taco salad.

Carter fell asleep by eight. I wish Cooper would go to bed that early. He was up until at least ten then he got up awhile later to finish the poop he had started earlier. I only caught him for part of it earlier in the evening and sat him on the toilet. I'm looking forward to summer when we'll play outside all the time and I can put him in big-boy gotchies to train him for peeing on the potty too. The pooping part we have no problem with as long as we catch him before he starts.

Well enough of my idle rambling. Hopefully I'll have some new pictures or scrapbooking to post soon. I used my Peppermint Creative gift certificate that I won and purchased a few new kits.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandie said...

yea! for the new laptop!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's cause you're in Canada. Move south and you'll be in double-digits for sure!

Yeah for the new pretty new laptop. So glad you're up and running again, but it totally sucks that you had to.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I want to know what PC kits you bought. Do tell. . . please???

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

YAY! New laptop!! I bet it felt so good to hold that. We are having HORRIBLE weather as well. Today wasnt too bad..

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:36:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Love seeing the summer header again. I swear. . .summer really IS on its way. Just hold on a little longer. : )

Friday, June 20, 2008 9:14:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home