Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, June 07, 2008


Happy 11th Anniversary Honey!

Yesterday poured rain like crazy. Major crazy. My hair was done in by the time I picked up the kids. It should have lasted a few more days. I was still, however, relieved that it was finally Friday.

Chris stayed after work to rotate the tires on his truck. I came home with the kids and we played inside until Chris came home. We had munchies for supper (onion rings, buffalo wings and mozza sticks).

Today the weather cleared but was seriously windy. Carter's soccer coach called this morning to say soccer was canceled due to flooding at the soccer field, which was...YAY! I lazed around as much as possible and the kids did their best to drive me crazy. Instead of coming home after work, Chris went straight out to Cindy's place to help build a fence around the garden.

We were going to go out for supper for our anniversary with Mom and Dad and Cindy and Bob but Dad wasn't feeling well so we postponed until next week. Ashley was going to come over and babysit but when we talked on the phone and I canceled with her, she asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I had to shower and iron my hair (and shave my legs so I could wear capris!) so she met up with us here at two o'clock.

It was gorgeous out, despite the strong wind. It actually felt great because it was a warm wind. We ventured down the street with Cooper in the stroller and Carter walking. Ashley showed me two new walking paths I'd never been on before, and we walked nearly an hour and a half, including a few stops along the river path. I took a few pictures. It really was a beautiful day.

By the time we were on our way back from the walk, the boys had fallen asleep in the stroller. I parked them on the doorstep in the stroller and went in to grab a change of clothes for the kids and for Chris, a few drinks for the kids and we headed out to pick up Mom since Dad was already at Cindy's house.

We arrived and the guys were all done building the fence. Massive garden; hyuuuuuuuge freaking fence! We had barbecued hamburgers and salad and potato wedges for supper, and sugar pie (two pieces for me!) for dessert.

After supper everyone lounged around while the kids ran all over the back yard flying kites.

Everyone came in the house and we just relaxed and visited for awhile. We came home and the kids fell asleep shortly after. We watched the movie Hot Rod. Very silly but a few funny parts. One of those hour-and-a-half Saturday Night Live skits like Superstar or Night at the Roxbury. I'm kind of tired but it's so quiet around here with everyone asleep I'm tempted to do some more scrapping.

Part way through the movie I turned on my computer. Since I've been gone the whole day I had missed a message from Kelly that THEY FOUND HER VEHICLE IN WINNIPEG! Unfortunately she has NO other details other than it was found ABOUT A WEEK AGO and it's at Autopac. Hopefully it's not too damaged. It will be interesting to see if anything was left behind in it or not; obviously all the valuable stuff will have disappeared. All she knows is she needs to bring license plates with her since hers were replaced with Manitoba plates. It's at least a relief to know it has been found.


Blogger Angie said...

Hey--happy anniversary, you two!!!

Sunday, June 08, 2008 7:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Happy Anniversary!

I am SO going to spend time with you at some point in my life. Every day is an adventure! I am so glad they found the truck! I hope that a lot of things are still there and its in good shape!!! Fingers crossed!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:26:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

You sure the boys weren't pushing you in the stroller? They look zonked! :)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home