Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Gastric Gymnastics

I'm no athlete but my guts were doing some serious acrobatics today. Holy s**t. Seriously. Around ten this morning I got all icky-feeling and started making some somewhat urgent trips to the washroom. After a few rounds it was time for me to go for lunch. I had the late lunch hour today and I came home to lie down for awhile.

I called work to say my tummy hadn't settled down and I spent the afternoon in and out of bed and the bathroom. Yuck. Kelly called this afternoon and she was experiencing the very same symptoms I was all day. We hadn't eaten anything in common so we must have come across the same tummy bug somewhere along the way. Chris was working away from the shop today so I still had to pick up the kids. I came home and Chris wasn't too far behind. He played outside with the kids for a bit and I came back in the house to lie down again. Carter joined me and he fell into a deep sleep, including a few loud snores. Eventually Chris and Cooper came in and I had asked Chris to get something for himself and the kids to eat. He opted for pizza so I ordered it for delivery.

I actually ate a couple pieces and some cinnaparts. I sure hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. I put Cooper to bed and I was falling asleep with him. So I'm off to bed. With Carter's late nap he'll probably be up until the wee hours and be a little zombie in the morning. He can hang out with Chris in the living room...he seems to have zonked out on the couch already. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day all around!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm so sorry. I just sent you two emails -- looking for you. I was hoping to get you on Yahoo messenger, or something.

A

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 10:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

OOOO, yucky! I sure hope it's better today.
Angie I'm on msn messenger!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Me too! Urgh. I was at Connor's first soccer game of the season when my tummy suddenly had this horrific pains but I wasnt about to leave. Then it settled and I thought I was ok but NOPE! So yes, I feel ummm, Sh***y as well. Feel better!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home