Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Stuffed

Tonight we had a beautiful dinner out with my parents to celebrate our anniversary. This was our rescheduled date from last week. Ashley came over to watch the kids for us (thanks again, Ashley!) and thanks Mom and Dad for an amazing dinner (I'm still SO FULL!)

First I had the scallops gratinée for an appetizer, along with a Caesar to drink. I had the pepper steak with a baked potato and veggies. Then the dessert girl came along and somehow tempted me (well it wasn't that difficult) with a chocolate coffee cheesecake. I had full intention of taking a couple little bites and expected Chris would finish it. It was more like the other way around. And it was gooooooooooooood.

After dinner we stopped to rent a couple movies. We came home and sprung Ashley and Mom and Dad came to watch a movie with us too. We planned on watching The Bucket List but we ended up watching Jumper. A cool sci-fli flick with Hayden Christiansen and Samuel Jackson about these people who are able to teleport themselves anywhere at will. Pretty neat movie.

I'm wayyyyyyyyy too tired to stay up and watch The Bucket List. Carter is asleep beside me on the couch and Chris is zonked on the other couch. My Mom, the baby whisperer, cuddled Cooper to sleep in a couple minutes and after I put him to bed Carter was her next sleepy customer. I feel like I should go for a ten-mile walk after the humongous meal I ate, but sleep is seeming like the more likely option. So I'm outta here! Thanks again Mom and Dad - that was so awesome!

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Dude... you DRANK a Caesar? Is this like a pureed salad, or some weird Canuck drink?

Saturday, June 14, 2008 9:36:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

::hee:: I remember when you had to "educate" me on a Caesar!

. . .I'm still not sold on the idea. : )

Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:50:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

where did you go to eat?

Sunday, June 15, 2008 5:43:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home