Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Making Some Headway

...in the laundry department. Since last night I did probably six loads of laundry. Our dryer is still a bit wonky so it takes a forever to dry stuff but I still kept with it. It was crappy and rainy all weekend (or just plain cold) so hanging stuff on the clothesline was NOT an option. I still have a mountain of sheets and towels and stuff that I'd like to take to the laundromat and get all done at once. Maybe one evening this week I'll do that. I'm sure the kids would be quite entertained there.

Saturday Chris worked until noon. I hung out with the kids all morning. After work Chris helped the neighbour a little building their new deck. The weather didn't cooperate of course. I had a chance to nap with the kids then by the time we got up Chris was in and having his own nap.

Today we went for supper at Laurette's place with her family. She spent the weekend building a ginormous feast. Her kids and grandkids (and I believe one great-grandchild!) were there too. It was nice to see them all, even though we'd already met some along the way. Chris's Grandpa came too. The kids had fun checking out the place and did a little running around outside. And for the first time in AGES I forgot my camera at home. I had been uploading pictures to the laptop the other night and left it on my nightstand. Duh. It's back in my purse now where it belongs.

We had a lovely visit then left around eight and rented a couple movies on the way home. Super Heroes was absolutely ridiculous (but what do you expect from a Leslie Nielsen movie?) It was mostly a takeoff of Spiderman but the dude was bitten by a dragonfly instead of a spider and had a hard time figuring out his powers.

The other movie was 10,000 B.C. I started dozing off with Cooper then once he turned into a little oven I had to go put him to bed. I backed up a few things between the laptop and the desktop. Picture this...sitting at the computer with another computer on my lap. Geek much? But there was plenty of stuff I'd done on the laptop that wasn't on the desktop and vice versa.

I just put Carter up on his bunk and I'm ready to crash. I might do a little surfing since I have a really strong internet signal at this moment. Then I'm out. Oh, and Seija, I'm not sure if you still get to read this now that you're a busy Mommy and all, but I got your message last night! Please let me know when I can come meet that darling little one of yours! I can't wait!

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Girl, I DO get around. . .don't you forget it!

When is your vacation????

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

In the immortal words of Brian _____ (crap, what is his last name??)

". . .everything I do, I do it for you."

Seriously, what is the boy's name???

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:18:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

ADAMS. Bryan Adams.

Is he canadian or something?

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:18:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

dryer hints...

make sure the little flap on the exterior wall at the vent exit is opening up. Sometimes it gets stuck and dryers don't particularly care for that.

if you haven't vacuumed out the dryer vent line for awhile, try that. improves air flow and reduces the possibility that your dryer vent line will spontaneously burst into flames, rendering you homeless.

:)

Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home