Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Shoppy McShopperson

My laundry verve has slowed down a bit but I did have a busy day today. I got my rear in gear relatively early (and had my first call from the office at nine o'clock) and went on a quest with Cooper for a new microwave turntable. Awhile back I was warming up some milk for Cooper and it decided to split in half. I'm thinkin' that it might have been related to the time that Chris microwaved some popcorn for oh let's say a half an hour (yes, exaggerating) because it turned into an ugly, STINKY, acrid, charred mess. But I'm not sure. Regardless, there has been no rotating glass tray in my microwave for some time and it's annoying.

First I went to Home Hardware. I don't even think they sell microwaves. Next stop Canadian Tire. Nope. I stopped at the dollar store (no, not thinking I'd find one there) to look for some of those scrubby things for the bath. Nope. They only had the long ones with the handle. My shopping quest thus far was quite unfruitful. I did find a really pretty gift bag for my friend's baby gift though.

We went to Extra Foods and I picked up a few more gallons of bubble stuff. Seriously. Super cheap. Bought in mass quantity. We went over to Wal-Mart and I had already looked for a microwave turntable but this time I enlisted the help of the friendly sales associate. He said someone else had been looking for one recently but we came to the conclusion that since microwaves are so inexpensive nowadays that it's likely worth it to buy another one. Well that sucks. I just bought ours maybe a year or so ago. ::sigh:: I really don't want to buy a whole new microwave. I'm going to at least look for a used one on the classified ads and see if I can get one and just use the tray. I did, however, find some bath scrubby things.

We came home and hung out for a bit. I had planned to go visit Seija and Baby Aila around one o'clock. I got this bright idea to make her a gift certificate with the graphics from the gift bag I bought. I scanned the bag and it worked great and was very matchy-matchy! I took Carter with me to visit figuring he'd be easier to entertain while visiting than Cooper would. Cooper was napping when we left, making it easier for Chris to continue painting the garage.

I had a WONDERFUL visit with Seija and her beautiful daughter. She was sleeping when we arrived, and continued to do so, much to my dismay. She semi-woke up about a half hour later so I grabbed her. She stirred a little then continued to sleep on my lap for about an hour and a half before we were ready to go. I received word from Seija that she slept until four o'clock! Hopefully you got that much-needed nap, Seija! :)

We came home and I had forgotten to mention to Chris that Mom had invited us for supper. Carter had fallen asleep at Seija's and was still asleep. I played outside with Cooper to occupy him while Chris continued to paint. Then Mom called and I did one of those sharp inward gasps as I remembered we had planned to go out early so the kids could play outside. But I totally ran out of afternoon! Chris scrubbed his hands quickly and we bolted off to Mom and Dad's.

We had an awesome supper and their neighbour Tracy was there with her two boys Brandon and Carter. Yes, two Carters made for a little bit of fun confusion. It's been a few days since I last had the camera out so I definitely took pictures of the four little clowns having a good time together. Here they are in my parents' storage bin on the deck where they store their patio chair cushions. Made for a great fort! :)

I also took a few pictures of Carter in his new short/t-shirt set I picked up the other day. He was posing gorgeously, and added in some goofiness when Chris coached him to show his muscles and the 'which way to the beach' posing thing.

In that last one he looks so grown up! Scary stuff. So back to the dinner and visit...supper was AWESOME. Delectible meatloaf and to-die-for scalloped potatoes. Fresh tossed salad and garlic bread. Yum. There was some apple pie and ice cream too but I skipped it. We had a great visit while the kids played outside on the deck, and Uncle Cliff and Auntie Lurdes stopped by since they were in the neighbourhood.

After we all visited for awhile, we headed home so Chris could have a shower and I could start trying to wrangle the kids to bed. Oh, I rented movies yesterday. Last night, we watched The Bank Job with Jason Statham (yum). Good action movie. Apparently based on a true story. Very interesting.

So we had one more movie to watch and it was College Road Trip with Martin Lawrence and Raven Symoné. Cute and sweet; okay for the whole family. Except Cooper fell asleep and Chris was outside the whole time wiring the Jeep for the trailer. I was on a chat tonight at the DSAG (Digital Scrapbook Artisans' Guild) and had a bunch of laughs with Amy and the girls there. Carter was still awake watching Garfield again. (I had also rented it along with Jimmy Neutron for the kids to watch while we watched The Bank Job.)

I decided to head for bed, but not before stopping by to blog and backing up my stuff from the other computer. Carter crawled in beside me and zonked out after I played a couple songs for him on the computer. Now it's my turn. I'm out.


Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Connor and I watched College Road Trip yesterday too!! Connor loved the pig. lol

SO GLAD you went to the chat last night, had so much fun. Hopefully you can make it again some time! :)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:47:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Golly gee. . .this made me tired, just reading it! :)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:34:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home