Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

It Has Begun!

Yesterday morning I hung out with the boys until Chris came home from work. Both kids pooped on the toilet, much to my delight. (Yeah, delight in the small things...I'm also going to work on getting Cooper to pee on the toilet; he's tried a couple times and it's funny because while he's not quite tall enough he can stretch it a little to make it into the bowl.) Chris pumped up the pool outside for the kids and they played and splashed for awhile. Cooper kept pulling down his swimsuit and peeing randomly. Which, while funny, I'll need to make sure he doesn't just do that anywhere we go! It was nice enough out that even I put on my bathing suit (oy vey that's a lot of pasty white skin to flash around. I bet if the Google Earth people were taking satellite pictures there would have been a white light shining from my yard!) and went out to lie on a blanket for a few minutes until the kids were freezing and wanted to have a warm bath after their cold swim.

Before I let them have a bath, I gave each one a haircut (no pictures yet). Then they had a warm bath and splashed until every molecule in the bathroom was saturated. I got ready to go (sort of...I put on just enough make-up to make it look like I wasn't wearing any make-up) and brushed my gross hair and put on some lipstick. I was planning on taking Carter with me to Wal-Mart but Chris wanted to go too so we all went.

We picked up some camping stuff for the camper. Like bug stuff and medicine like Benadryl, utensils and cups, towels, a bunch of cute t-shirts with matching shorts that were on clearance, and other miscellaneous things for the camper to the tune of three hundred bucks. One thing I was looking for was bubble stuff. Would you believe that Wal-Mart is either completely run out of, or has put away all the bubble stuff? And summer? IS JUST STARTING AROUND HERE! We were eating lunch at Wal-Mart when we realized it was five o'clock! I guess it wasn't lunch after all!

We came home and Chris and the boys washed the Jeep. I did a couple loads of laundry. Chris has been asking for a haircut for a couple weeks but we haven't ever gotten around to it. So by cutting everyone's hair I probably saved us around fifty bucks, which I think is pretty cool considering I don't really know what I'm doing. But hey, it works! I had three happy customers. (But no tips ;) ) I think Carter was asleep by about eight-thirty, and Cooper was about an hour later.

I planned on going to bed early (even Chris was saying Huh? It's only ten o'clock!) But I figured, it's vacation time; anything goes! He joined me and I suggested we watch a movie on the laptop. We put on the movie Sideways (I've had a copy for years but have never watched it). But he was asleep practically during the opening credits and I lasted maybe another ten minutes before I realized I was missing five minute gaps of movie watching. So I shut 'er down and zonked out.

This morning I remember Chris getting up but I promptly dozed off again. I think he had a bit of a panic thinking he was late for work. Hee hee hee. What a great feeling to know WE DON'T HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE! I had intended to go to church this morning, but I need a complete overhaul in the hair department so that's unfortunately not going to happen. Carter just got up a few minutes ago and Cooper is still in bed. (8:15) I'm going to try to work on curbing the nap situation these next couple weeks unless the kids start driving me crazy by mid afternoon, then it's still a go. We'll see what happens.

Well I'm off to the basement to tackle the laundry demons once again. One of my to-do list items is to do every bit of laundry and get rid of any clothing that we don't want or that doesn't fit the boys anymore. Wish me luck; I'm sure I'll need it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Have a wonderful vacation, my friend!!!!

Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

OMG Melly you had me ROARING at the google comment!! lol Oh my!

HAVE THE WICKEDEST VACAY EVER! (You are coming to visit me right? ;))

Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home