Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to Urban Life

Well, we were never really far from all things urban, but I was without Internet for six whole days. The shakes got pretty bad by Sunday, but I made it! The maiden voyage with our new camper was a success...

We had a fantastic time camping. The weather was good (and bad), but the rain never dampened our spirits, or our appetites.

We ate, played, ate, fished, ate, swam, drank, ate, had campfires and ate. Plenty of fun, and TONS of laughter. Cindy and her family were there, Pete & Claudine's family, the Browns, the Mackies, the Dickeys, and the Hryciws. The meals were collaborative feasts mostly held over at Cindy's campsite.

The kids got along great with each other (for the most part) and all the other kids there. It was very relaxing to be able to give the kids a little bit of freedom to run around between the campsites, and they were such angels (seriously) when visiting the other campsites. Many times I found them quietly watching DVDs outside at the other kids' campers, or eating their food (when they wouldn't eat what I gave them!)

I have a few pictures that I will post later but I had to check in since it's been a whole week!

Oh, and we'll definitely be going camping again. Carter's already been asking since we came back!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ernie said...

SIX WHOLE DAYS! Are you OK?! Should we call someone?! :)

As one of the most computer addicted people I know, I can't imagine the personal torment that you were experiencing - "What a beautiful view" (I wonder who's been IMing me) "This trail is AMAZING" (What's going on at NDISB?) ;)

I am seriously happy to hear that you got away, and were able to enjoy your family and friends. Our computers are wonderful. Our people are better. :)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

I'm SO glad you're back! My world just wasn't right without you ;)

In All Honestly Though - glad you enjoyed your family!! (but even more happy that you're back. Where you belong. Away from bugs. And mud.)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home