Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now, The Rain Is...

Well, the rain is here, not gone as the quoted song would depict. After all it is Fall Fair weekend! I'm feeling like a real smarty for having taken the kids to the fair on Thursday night since it's barely stopped raining since Friday afternoon. And dang is it cold out today!

Yesterday morning I took the Jeep in to have the windshield replaced. There were two major cracks in it, and plenty of pits from rocks and gravel. The glass dude also replaced my windshield wipers with some new Teflon ones. Niiiiiiice. Seriously, it looks like there is nothing there at all with the new windshield in. And since it's been raining pretty much since I got the new windshield, it's nice to try out those wipers and see how clearly it works! OH! Aaaaaaaaaaaand, the last time we went for an oil change (I may have mentioned this), I got a quote on fixing the rear window wiper. It would have cost over two hundred bucks for parts and labour, but the day before I got the new windshield, it started working again! Yay for all kinds of working wipers!

We decided to go to Pizza Hut for supper. It was extremely busy there but we managed to get a table right away. Then a line formed that never ended the whole time we were there. The kids were very...uh...active, but we managed to corral them until the food came an hour later. I had a chicken Caesar salad (they forgot the chicken and brought it after) and Chris ordered a cheeseburger pizza. We ordered a small pizza for the boys to share but of course they were far more interested in their chocolate milk. After supper, we went to visit Great Papa, which was great. I had forgotten my camera, but here is a picture from a previous visit:


This morning the boys were up earrrrrrrrrrlyyyyyyyy. Ugh. I moved myself and my duvet into the living room so I could attempt snoozing while trying to parent at the same time. That's much harder to do than that pat-your-head-and-rub-your-tummy thing. So I gave up quickly.

I got ready and got us all dressed and we headed to Tim Horton's. I ordered the kids a chocolate dip donut each, and a small French vanilla cappuccino each too. I had an extra large coffee and an 'everything' bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese. The kids were fairly well-behaved and I had a few comments on how good they were from strangers. If only they knew (insert evil laugh here) how these kids go squirrelly. But all in all, they were pretty good. There was a couple with these two cyuuuuute little blonde girls and both my boys were sort of flirting with them. Though Cooper's version of flirting is growling and making a scary face, or just sticking his tongue out. Or the one where he tilts his head down and stares at people by peering out from under his eyebrows.

After Tim Horton's we brought Chris a coffee. I had thought about going to Wal-Mart with the kids but they were fairly keyed up so we took a drive to Mom and Dad's instead. Good choice. We had a nice little visit with Mom and Dad. I should have taken a picture of their living room; Mom has replaced the furniture and she found some perfect matching curtains. The only thing left to change is the dusty rose carpeting, which is a matter of talking Dad into something new 'cause he likes having the carpet under his feet. I'm the same way about carpet; even though our living room carpet is downright frightening, I still like the softness of it. But if our floors didn't all slant in varying directions, I'd be all over some nice laminate flooring 'cause our carpet is getting pretty icky.

We came back to town and filled up the Jeep. We stopped by Seija & Ian's to drop off the baby announcements I did for them and we came home. Chris was just getting home from work. We tried to get the kids to nap, and I crawled back into bed hoping for a snooze. I lightly dozed a little and I think Cooper might have too. We all got ready and took a trip to Wal-Mart for a few household items. (A hundred dollars' worth, of course.) We stopped at M&M for something for supper and I decided to try their rack of pork ribs and the seasoned potato wedges.

We came home and Chris barbecued the ribs while I attempted to deep-fry the potato wedges. Seems our deep-fryer is cooked, so to speak, so I had to do them on the stove. We ate the ribs and wedges and corn, with ranch dressing to dip the wedges in.

After supper I took back the movies I had rented last night. I had rented Street Kings, Penelope, Ice Age, and Zathura. Apparently Chris had already seen Street Kings so we watched Penelope. It was cute. Something the whole family could watch, which is refreshing. Cooper fell asleep during the movie but Carter is still up. I'm blogging in his room 'hanging out' with him while he watches a movie. It's just about midnight, but he had a late, long nap. Oy.

Well, since I have no new pictures, I'm just plain outta here.

3 Comments:

Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

ok. so I had something witty to say. but I've forgotten.
Um... yeah. still no idea.
but Penelope was a cute movie - it wasn't nearly as _fill in the blank_ as JB thought it would be.



(yes. I'm making you play mad-libs on your blog)

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

That is SO depressing. It's fall already. Ugh. I'm SO not ready for this.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:28:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Cooper and Carter and Noah and Grayson would get along famously! Our boys love girls. And I think they just play with other boys, so that they can meet more girls!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 11:09:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home