Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Purging and Putting

This morning Chris kindly got up with the kids and brought me a coffee. Niiiiiice. Later in the day I would realize I have a mammogram appointment coming soon, and I only have a number of days to detox the caffeine out of myself. Duh. I've been gorging on coffee lately.

Chris and I got rid of a bunch of junk from the basement today. Then he asked if I wanted to take the kids mini-golfing. What a great idea! We got ready and went to the mini-golf course. It started out well, like an organized sport. Then Carter would go on to the next hole and leave us behind. Soon Cooper followed suit, and Chris and I were left to our own rivalry. He really really really enjoys when I hit the ball off the course, and is always sure to say, "that's an extra stroke, right?" No, we're not competitive at all. I ended up losing by five strokes, and neither of us was anywhere near par. But seriously, we did have fun! I took a couple pictures of the kids in fine golfing form.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


We came home and I had a bit of a nap with Cooper while Chris took Carter with him to take some of the junk to the garbage. Carter napped a little later, then Chris suggested barbecuing something for supper. I took some chicken breasts out of the freezer and defrosted them and seasoned them. Chris started barbecuing and I pan-fried some potatoes and mushrooms and made some coleslaw. Everything was delicious, and the boys even nibbled on it.

We watched TV and played around with the kids until Carter frrrrrrreeeeeeeeeaked out. There was blood pouring down his leg. Last week the sitter took the kids to the park and Carter had had a wipeout, skinning his knee. It was healing fairly well, but the roughhousing on the carpet blew it wide open again. He was just beside himself while we cleaned him up again and dressed his wound. Poor guy.

Both kids zonked out in the living room. Make that all three. I think Chris fell asleep first. Now it's my turn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Great pics, as always, my friend. And supper sounded delicious, too.

Betcha can't wait to get squeezed, eh?? : )

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home