Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Figured Pancakes...But I Got Bagels Instead!

Okay, so I went for the mammogram. Everyone there assumed I'd done this
before but I hadn't. Therefore I was not advised not to wear any deodorant.
Oops. They gave me a cloth to wash it off as there is the possibility of it
interfering with the imaging. Hopefully that won't happen. Oddly, I paused
as I was about to put on my deodorant wondering if I should...but figured
I'd be nervous and would need it so I went ahead with it.

As this is my first time, this test will serve as the baseline for any
future mammograms and hopefully there won't be any reason for me to go back this time to get it redone. So, anyhoo, it REALLY WASN'T THAT BAD.
Seriously. Good thing my girls aren't very big. I was totally imagining
they'd be flattened like pancakes, but they were only slightly squeezed to
about bagel thickness! Horizontally for each then vertically too. Then it
was done. Wow that was easy! I do recall Cindy telling me it wasn't a big
deal for her either. So yay! Not nearly as bad as I had expected. I did feel
a slight ache very briefly a little later but it was gone as quickly as it
was noticed.

I ran home at lunch to make sure the sitter could find something for lunch
since I hadn't done any specific grocery shopping, then I managed to keep my lunch date with Kelly, Gwen and Sheila. I ran to visit Chris at work then
bolted back to the office. Our IT guy was here for the day so I got to bug
him with my questions and help him with a few things too.

After work I went home to relieve the babysitter. It's so nice not to have
to go somewhere to pick them up! But of course it will also be good to get
our regular sitter back too. Deana is doing great and the kids have been
pretty good for her. She spent most of the day outside with them.

We watched ''What Happens in Vegas'' since Chris hadn't watched it with me
last night. I returned it to the video store and ran to Safeway to get some
stuff for Deana and the boys for tomorrow. I went to the basement to get the vacuum and I could hear Chris hollering at me for something. I came back upstairs and Cooper had barfed on the kitchen floor. I ran him a bath and started cleaning the floor. Chris came in with the mop and cleaned the kitchen floor while I vacuumed the living room. ::sigh:: Both boys had slight fevers so I gave them some Tylenol.

Once everyone was settled again, I started watching ''Wanted''. I decided I
just didn't have enough steam to finish the movie and blog, so here I am.
And now I must sleep. Hopefully nobody will be sick tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm glad you survived getting squished. Not the funnest thing you'll ever do -- but it's one of the most responsible! :) Good for you!!

I'm so sorry you've got sickly kiddos. . .I hope it was just a temporary thing.

Miss you.....

Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:00:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

HOW!!!!! HOW COULD YOU TURN OFF WANTED? ARE YOU INSANE!!!?? Sorry, I loved that movie. IT was so amazing in every way. :)

I got my first mammie done this year and it was NOTHING. People had me so scared but it wasnt even remotely harsh like I had expected. BTW, I didnt know about the deodorant thing either. lol

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:16:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home