Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Okay I'm about to gush. About the movie. OMGITWASSOFREAKINGFANTASTIC. It was made of ABBA, which means it was made out of awesome. And the cast could NOT have been any perfecter. Yeah, that's a word. (Christy, it even had Colin Firth in it!) I laughed out loud a lot. And tried not to look like I was dancing inside myself throughout all the ABBA songs. I'll probably smile all day tomorrow with an ABBA tune and scenes from the movie running through my head. And good thing, 'cause it's mammogram day tomorrow. Eeek.

I have another movie to watch that Cindy lent me before it has to go back to the video store tomorrow. (Insert evil laugh here...this is a movie nazi reference...) She lent me What Happens in Vegas. I'm not sure if I'll stay up to watch it. Right now I'm typing along to the soundtrack of Mamma Mia. Kelly and I quickly ran to Wal-Mart after the movie tonight because I had to get milk. So we darted to the electronics department and both picked up the soundtrack before darting to the dairy section for the milk. All that in under seven minutes because the store was about to close.

We were supposed to go to Bingo tonight. As Kelly and I were on our way to meet up with Mom, Mom called to say she heard something else was going on at the Bingo hall. We drove all the way there just in case, and sure enough Bingo was cancelled. Mom mentioned the movie and a new plan was instantly hatched. We had some time to kill before the movie so Mom went to Auntie Lurdes' house and I dropped Kelly off and came home. I talked the kids into coming in and gave them a bath and put them in their jammies before leaving to pick up Kelly. Mom met up with us there but some of her girlfriends had already invited her when we had our Bingo plans. So she ditched us and sat with her friends. Seemed like a bizarre role reversal...y'know, like she was my teenage daughter that was too cool to hang out with her Mom or something. Too funny.

Well, I have no new pictures (again) and I've been so close to finishing a scrapbooking layout but I still have nothing to share as of yet. But I'll be back tomorrow...probably whining about my boobies.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey Honey...how you trill me ..aha Honey Honey !!!





Kelly

Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:06:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh shit I said trill...I really meant THRILL...I have ABBA brain.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I sooooooo want to go see that movie. sounds wonderful!!!


You are the dancing queen, you know. . .?

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

Wal-Mart closes? Don't you have the 24/7 one there? Hmmmm. You ARE lacking.

I really, really, really, really want to go see Mamma Mia. How could you possibly have forgotten to take me?

Glad the boob smashing came out fairly well for you. I have friends who have moaned and groaned about it for weeks afterwards.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home