Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Novembrance Day

Yesterday was Remembrance Day. Chris lowered our flag to half mast in honour. We took the kids to the sitter and had the day off. I went on a cleaning binge. I cleared off the top of the junk-collecting TV stand, dusted, hung Cooper's 3, 6, 9, and 12-month pictures that I've been wanting to hang for very nearly two years now. I just eyeballed it and hammered in the nails, so it's not bad, considering my technique.

I started vacuuming the living room and moved one of the couches away from the wall. It's obviously been awhile since that couch was moved. There were miscellaneous icky things behind it; mostly food particles and small broken pieces of toys. I washed the back of the couch and the wall, and decided to keep on moving the couch. To the other side of the room. So I vacuumed everything and set the couch in its new place. Chris rounded up all the toys to one corner of the room and I weeded out a few and chucked them in the basement, an area which still requires much organizing and purging, but I'm getting there!

I did a little bit of chatting and scrapbooking whenever I lost steam and came up with this page using Theresa Hernandez' new kit called Cherry Berry, available at NDISB.

I'll post a larger version of the image later since I did this on the laptop.

Today was my first day at my new reassignment at work. I'm still a program assistant, but I'm reassigned to help the IT department getting everyone's computers upgraded to the same software, operating systems and doing some asset tracking and maintenance. Once the planning phase is complete, I'll be doing a traveling roadshow for a couple months until the project is complete. I'm very excited about this new opportunity.

I had a great lunch with Seija today. Now that she is working in the same building as I am, we've been in touch a bit more and we will hopefully get together more often for lunch and hopefully to visit with our families.

Late in the afternoon I called Mom to see if she wanted to go to Bingo. She was up for it so we arranged for me to pick her up. I grabbed a pizza for the kids and brought them home. They must have been hungry because they both had chowed down a piece before I even left, and Chris said they went back for more!

I actually won one Bingo, a hundred-dollar game, but I can't seem to be the only winner lately. There were three other winners so I scored twenty-five bucks. The place was packed so the games went quite quickly, usually with multiple winners. It was brutal every time Mom needed one number. Aside from my nice little win, I barely got close. I brought Mom home and came home.

Tomorrow will be another planning day, and we'll hopefully have a task list and schedule in place. It will be nice to be able to plan out where I'll be so I can make arrangements with Chris for getting Carter to school if I have to be away. It was great having a day off in the middle of the week yesterday, because it's already Thursday tomorrow. Weekend, here we come! :)


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home