Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Making Spaces

Well, most of my weekend was spent organizing. I emptied the little workshop room in the basement yesterday. It was filled with bags of mostly children's clothing, assorted pieces of wood and broken things and boxes of junk. Plenty of empty boxes were in there; I usually keep the box for new items until the warranty wears out in case they need to be returned or something. I also filled a bag of stuff to take to the Salvation Army. I scrubbed the bathroom, with a little help from Carter. It doesn't matter who offers to help, I will take him/her up on it. I would spray something and he would wipe it. It was a great arrangement.

The kids were quite cooperative, surprisingly, and darted up and down the stairs, never venturing far from me. By the time Chris returned from work, there was a truckload of junk to take to the dump. He took Carter with him, which facilitated things a little for me. Cooper was pleased to rummage through the basement bedroom (which is nowhere near fit for human habitation because it is full of toys). Anyway, he had a variety of stuff to play with. I did many loads of laundry and went through bags upon bags of children's clothing, much of which was not mine. There was about a bag and a half (y'know, those clear lawn and garden bags?) of clothes that belonged to two girlfriends of mine. I seriously thought I had returned all of it ages ago. I don't even recall if Cooper wore any of it. That's how long I've had it. I labeled the bags including one bag full of coats for the OPP coat drive. I also have two big bags of clothes that are like new and some name brand that I might take to the consignment store. But much of it still requires more organizing to find all the matching pieces.

So I ended up with three bags for the Salvation Army, two to return to my friends, one for the OPP, and two for me to keep and sort. Even without all these bags around, you'd think I hadn't done a thing. I did a mountain of laundry, and it is just that. A mountain. Sitting in baskets downstairs until I figure out what the hell to do with all of it. Then I noticed there are two more boxes of clothes I need to go through, but I'm fairly confident that it's all my stuff this time. ::sigh::

I changed all the bedding and rearranged our bedroom again. I turned the bed ninety degrees. It's a queen-sized bed in a very small room. I had to stand the mattress against one wall to be able to lift and turn the box spring. I got rid of a broken dresser and will be using the boys' changetable as my combination dresser/printer stand in our room. I'm still trying to remember all the other stuff I did, because it's mostly unnoticeable, behind-the-scenes stuff.

I took a short nap while Cooper did, and I took a break to make supper. An easy one, of fish sticks and shoestring fries and corn. The boys ate fairly well. I worked on and off throughout the evening too. We remembered the time change and Chris set the clocks before going to bed.

This morning I skipped church. I intended to do some more stuff. I did a few more loads of laundry and brought up all the clothing I was thrilled to discover would fit Cooper like NOW. Good timing, because he is outgrowing most of his pants and has been wearing shirts that Carter can still wear. I knew I had more clothing somewhere and am glad I unearthed it. For supper we had chicken legs and fettucine alfredo with asparagus. Yum. The boys took their requisite two bites or so and ran off once we were done. I quit rummaging in the basement with plenty of time to spare before Desperate Housewives came on.

So, Halloween was great and I am about to attempt uploading the pictures from it again. Chris took the kids out trick-or-treating. I stayed home and Cindy came to visit. Once Chris brought the boys home, Cindy took over the candy dishing, (to the one more kid that came over) so that we could take the kids to Auntie Lurdes & Uncle Cliff's house, Uncle Bob & Auntie Josie's house, Chris's Dad's place, Chris's Grandpa's house, Alana's house and Kelly's house. That took about an hour. The traffic was wild but it was a perfect evening weather-wise. I distinctly recall bitter coldness and harsh winds last year. It was cool but mild with no wind this year. The kids both brought home a bag of candy. We had a total of seven trick-or-treaters. Sad! Maybe it's because I didn't make treat bags for handing out at the house this year. Or that I didn't put out my trail of pumpkin candles to the door. Next year I'll light up the whole house and yard and see what happens. So as a result of the kids' haul and our lack of visitors, I have wayyy too much candy in the house. I started a new diet of tiny chocolate bars and mini bags of chips. Yikes.

That's about it for me. I'm spent. And my calves are killing me, presumably from climbing the stairs 9729652983745 times with all the heavy crap I heaved out of the house.

This is me at work. I made a fake nose out of ''creepy skin'' and painted my whole face green and black.

Nice schnozz!

Cooper as Eeyore and Carter as the scurvy pirate!


Sweet! I'm surprised I got this cute pose out of him!

Isn't this adorable? I took this one last night.


Blogger Angie said...

I love the sweet picture of eeyore. What a doll!!

Monday, November 03, 2008 10:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Lovin' the nose and your! he is so big and SO like his big brother! Yikes!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 5:50:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anita Stergiou said...

LOL cute costumes ... and VERY cool schnoz! :)

Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home