Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

SuperNanny 911

Okay, I think I might need to start watching this show. This morning I was trying really hard to put up with Cooper. He always asks me to lie down with him at night and while I don't want him to depend on it, I sometimes oblige. I ended up sleeping there the whole night, and actually had a good night's sleep. Then this morning of course he started jumping around and on me. He has this thing with my hair and has to twist his hands into it. I'm always paranoid that he's going to knock my teeth out, so any time that I'm lying down I cover my face with my arm.

He was being particularly pesky this morning so instead of constantly telling him to stop what he was doing, I walked away and went into my room. He followed and continued jumping all over the place. I went back again into the kids' room and Cooper followed, hurling his sippy cup across the room at me, whacking me right above my right eye. First of all it scared the crap out of me; second, it hurt like hell. I was so surprised, hurt and angry I burst into tears. Chris came running from the living room to see what the commotion was. I asked him to go cuddle Cooper because I needed a few moments to go assess the damage and compose myself. I had myself a big ol' cry and put some ice on my face. There is definitely a good lump there but nothing you'd notice if I didn't point it out. That and a light blue bruise right under my eyebrow. I was hoping it would turn black and blue because it hurt badly enough that I wanted to get some sympathy out of it. I'm guessing the ice helped because the damage is virtually invisible.

Chris had to go out and run a few errands including storing the camper for the winter and he took Cooper with him. He was kind enough to bring me a big coffee, which soothed me. I hung out with Carter and he read me a story. His reading is getting better all the time and there were only about four words I had to help with in the whole book titled, ''Hello, Red Fox.'' He even changes his inflection to emphasize certain phrases, making it even cuter. He's still obsessed with watching the Monster House movie and has watched it many times over the course of the weekend.

Last night was the school fundraiser I went to with Cindy and Kelly. It was a quarter auction. Each prize was auctioned by the kids going around giving everyone a number. Each time you bid, you get a number from the kid and write it down. When the bidding is all done, they draw a number out of a bucket and whomever had been given that number was the winner. Cindy won a cordless phone/CD player and I won a set of gel nails and a Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner set. I've kind of always wanted to get those gel nails but they are very expensive and I'm not sure if I'd be able to type with them on. I might just have to try them out. We had plenty of laughs and fun while we were there. The place was packed. It was a very entertaining few hours.

During the day yesterday (oh and by the way, the weather has been pure crap lately...we had some snow today) I managed to stay indoors aside from my quick jaunt to do my housesitting duty. I even squeezed in a nap before getting up to get ready to go out.

Today I did a Wal-Mart run to pick up some school snacks for Carter and go water the plants for my housesitting duties. All in all it was a pretty good weekend. I sure hope to do some scrapbooking one of these days. I've been a real slacker. ::sigh::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home