Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

All Hallows Eve...uh...Eve

Happy Birthday, Marsha!

Yep, that's right. One more sleep 'til Halloween. I made up treat bags for Carter's class, which I hope has not grown larger than twenty-two children since the beginning of the school year. I also made a half dozen for Carter and Cooper to share with the kids at the sitter. I didn't, however, make any to give out on Halloween night. Usually I kill my back and make my knees ache on the living room floor the evening before Halloween, making roughly sixty treat bags for the nearly twenty kids that come to the door. I'm opting to just give a bag of chips and a handful of miscellaneous candy to the visitors at the door. I think Chris is going to take the kids trick-or-treating while I give out the candy at home. I hope tomorrow's weather is like today's was, because it was gorgeous out today. No jacket required.

I'm planning to deck myself out as well as the kids tomorrow. I spent a good portion of the evening searching for some fake skin to adorn my nose before painting my entire face green tomorrow for work. I won't be wearing jeans for casual Friday. Instead I'll be wearing all black, with my witch hat, a green face, a broom and hopefully an extra-accentuated proboscis, not that it needs a whole lot of help to fit the part.

Alana is taking the kids to the toy library for a Halloween party in the morning. This means I need to either put make-up and costumes on them before we leave in the morning, or make them wear those pumpkin costumes for the day and then dress them in their real costumes for the evening activities. We'll see. I'm expecting a full-on brawl with the kids in the morning, with (1) their knowledge of all the candy in the house, (2) their indecision of which costumes they wish to wear, and (3) my insistence on what I want them to wear. I'm hoping that my witch costume will terrify them into submission.

Here is a picture of the treat bags I prepared for Carter to take to school. The ones to take to the sitter say 'from Carter and Cooper'.

Credits: Miss Mint's Witches' Brew and LaWanna Desjardin's Sweetly Spooky kits.

Oh and I just uploaded pictures from the weekend when we got to meet our friends' new baby Cambel. Carter was very big-brotherly toward him and wanted to hold him, which I found odd since he's never acted like he's cared much for having Cooper around. Though, lately Carter has been asking for a sister...


1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hmmmm. .. a sister, eh? Well, now.

Yeah, I remember.

Saturday, November 01, 2008 8:54:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home