Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What a Crock!

Oh did I make the most deliciousest dinner this evening! Actually, I made it this morning! Oddly, just as I was cursing the time change, it came in pretty handy today. I was up earlier than usual, and after checking email and surfing a bit, I decided I'd better get my day started. I've been dying to try out my new Crockpot and had all the ingredients to make a pepper steak stew. Well, at least I thought I had all the ingredients. I was missing tomato paste and an onion but I improvised a little. I browned the meat and cut up all the vegetables, including a zucchini that magically appeared in my fridge a couple weeks ago, most presumably from Mom and Dad. I tossed everything in the Crockpot and turned it on, putting it in the sink à la Auntie Lurdes, for safety reasons!

I popped in at lunchtime and before I even had my key in the lock I could smell the warm, yummy goodness emanating from the kitchen. I stirred the surface a little, just to make sure all the seasonings I added were mixed in. I was tempted to dig in already, but managed to leave it.

After work I picked up the boys and did my housesitting duties. I dropped off the mail and came home. The boys played outside for a bit and I got the rice ready to go with supper. I asked the boys to come in but when they did not, I helped myself to some stew. And it was goooooooooooooooood. I seriously need to do that again, and wayyyyyy more often. Carter fell asleep shortly after supper (thank you time change!) but Cooper still stays up until around nine o'clock (sigh). Pretty soon I'm hoping he'll outgrow naptime and be a better bedtime sleeper.

I started falling asleep very early (thanks alot, time change...now I'll never get anything done in the evenings anymore!) but I got a second wind on about the fifth time that Cooper jumped in my face. I did some chatting and a bit of work for work and now I'm ready for bed.

As for yesterday...it went by like a blur, much like today did. Supper was blogworthy...pork tenderloin medallions with green beans and crinkle cut fries that were a big hit (and were requested) by the kids. It was a fairly early evening and I fell asleep in Cooper's bed, quite likely long before he did ::sigh::

Mom and Dad are expected to arrive home tomorrow from a whirlwind trip down east to the Toronto area and back through the U.S. If they aren't too car-lagged, we'll pop out for a visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home