Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Four O'Clock Carpet Cleaning

Friday was a good day at work and very productive. There was still a skeleton crew on board due to most people's being away on Christmas vacation still. So with only seven of us there, we decided to bring in lunch. We ordered in pizza and salad and convened in one of the offices to have our lunch, which fortunately wasn't interrupted at all even though we were open through the lunch hour.

After work I picked up the boys and we came home. As soon as Chris came home and showered, I had supper ready, an easy meal of ham and perogies and asparagus. Carter expressed great interest and approval in supper, except for the asparagus. Cooper was being all goofy and antsy and didn't eat much.

After supper I got a call from Paula, one of my coworkers from out of town. She came to town to bring her cat to the vet since they don't have one where she lives. It's her second emergency trip here for her cat this week. Hopefully he'll be okay. Despite having to keep a close eye on her cat, she wanted to get together for a visit. Chris was going to take Carter for a ride to take away all our garbage, and I was going to take Cooper with me to see Paula. The boys opted to trade parents. Carter came with me and was being a real little sweetheart. Not long after we arrived for our visit, Chris phone with a crying Cooper in the background. Chris said he was freaking out and wanted to see his Mommy, also saying he had a tummyache. I got Chris to bring him over to the hotel. Once the two kids were in the room they started to get all goofy, wrestling and being very noisy. (Cooper was FINE, by the way.) I didn't want to stress out Paula or her sick cat so we just had a short visit and came home.

At some point during the night Carter crawled in our bed. He felt a little warm but he seemed okay, and said he felt fine. He was kind of fidgety, and Chris was snoring so I left and crashed out on the bottom bunk bed. Chris woke me at four to ask for my help in cleaning up Carter's barf. The biohazard was contained to a blanket on the floor beside the bed, the carpet in the little hallway (OMGTHATPOORCARPETHASBEENTHROUGHSOMUCH) and the remainder apparently just skimmed the linoleum in the kitchen/bathroom and made it to the toilet after that. I was both amused and annoyed with Chris who seemed to have the weight of the world on him for having to get up in the middle of the night to help out a sick kid. This event apparently nullified the other 98374598734955 times I had to deal with barfing or sick kids at all hours of the night for the past five and a half years.

Once Carter was settled, I gave him some Tylenol for his temperature and put him to bed on the bottom bunk, where I had been so peacefully resting. All was well, except Chris whined that he never did get back to sleep after that. Again, I was evilly amused. This morning Carter seemed to be feeling okay but was still feverish. I gave him some Motrin. He and Cooper nibbled on breakfast. I had a yogurt and a boiled egg. Carter loves boiled eggs and managed to eat one with his breakfast. Cooper is quite adamant that he doesn't like eggs.

The kids were very entertained playing the new Wall-E game we found online yesterday. I'm hoping Carter stays feeling better and that the bug he had will be gone quickly without making anyone else sick.

After work today, Chris took off to go to his friend's ice shack out on the lake. It's not a bad day out, but we're in for a bunch more snow today. I was hoping to take the kids to see Bolt at the movie theatre today but I'm going to wait to make sure they're both feeling well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I hate to admit this .. but in our case it's Mark who has mopped up 9857575737475 gallons of puke over the past 14 years or so.

So, I don't complain much.

Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger Patchoulia said...

While I don't have kids, I can certainly appreciate your evil amusement at Chris's inability to be able to regain sleep after waking you to deal with the pukecident..it's semi-adorable that he had to wake you to assist. :)

Extra Mom Points for Mel!

Monday, January 05, 2009 7:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home