Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Potty Humour

Yeah, I'm collecting my thoughts...I'm about to blog after a whole week of shirking my blogging duties.

I have absolutely no excuse to skip blogging tonight. I'm sitting in a perfectly quiet hotel room with the TV turned low. I just had an awesome nearly-scalding (perfectly to my liking) shower after colouring my hair.

I'm still on my traveling computer project and this time the trip with winter weather and distance included warranted an overnight stay. This is our farthest office from home and there are too many computers to do in one day anyway.

I had a good first day and will hopefully get away by early to mid-afternoon tomorrow. On the drive up, which was very early this morning, I was having a great trip despite traveling in darkness on a very windy (as in twisty, not as in lots of wind) highway, with the potential to see plenty of wildlife. Fortunately I didn't see any wildlife on or off the road, but unfortunately I was starting to suffer a little gastrointestinal distress. Fortunately I was alone while expelling a bout of gas, but unfortunately I wasn't going to make it to the next town to use a restroom. Fortunately I had a pack of Kleenex with me, but unfortunately I was still in the boonies and simply HADTOPULLOVERIMMEDIATELY. Fortunately, I was able to turn off the highway onto a side road and unfortunately had to run into the bushes through the snow, (in my high-heeled shoes) and very quickly did my business. It was just starting to get light out and I was mortified at the thought of someone driving up that side road or even driving past on the highway. Once I composed myself and made a bee line for the Jeep, a truck drove by on the highway. Whew. Crisis averted, despite the desperation and embarrassment!

So now, I need to recap or try my bestest, this past week. The No-Tim Project was successful right through to the weekend. Thursday night was a fruitful Bingo night, and it was my turn to win a hundred fifty bucks. It's always nice to turn a profit!

Friday night was the Santa Claus parade. As usual because we're nearly right on the parade route, all our family congregates at our place for the best parking and of course a visit and some snacks.

The rest of the weekend I didn't even leave the house. I hung out with the boys on Saturday while Chris was at work. Chris took Cooper out for awhile in the afternoon. Sunday I didn't go to church again (heathen). Chris went out to visit Bob and brought me a coffee from Tim Horton's on his way, thus creating a slight hiatus from the No-Tim Project.

Monday I didn't have to travel out of town but I did have an all-staff workshop to attend in the afternoon. Monday night I did a few loads of laundry. I fell asleep in the boys' room, quite likely before they did. There was no coffee made in the morning so I did a Timmy's run.

This morning I got up just after five to get ready to leave town at six. Again, I picked up a coffee at Tim Horton's on my way and ventured down the highway. The roads weren't great but I almost made it to the office on time. I spent the day working on computers and enjoyed a lunch out with one of my coworkers.

After work I navigated my way to the grocery store for some snacks for supper and to my hotel in the next town. I had some snacks and zonked out for awhile watching TV. I got up and coloured my hair and had a shower. I'm sitting here with a towel on my head still contemplating blow drying or just leaving the towel on and dealing with it in the morning. Tomorrow I have a few more computers to work on then I'll hopefully be on the road by mid-afternoon.

Here are a few recent pictures including a few from the parade...









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home