Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No More Hustle, No More Bustle

Well, I was hoping not to have to go out on Christmas Eve, but thanks to Mom and Dad for hanging out with Carter and Cooper for awhile this morning, I got to finish up. I grocery shopped and picked up a couple last minute gifts. I brought the boys home and Cooper loaded himself up on those mini mandarin oranges. Among many other things, I also picked up some 'grapples', which are grape-flavoured apples. They definitely smell grapey, but the flavour is a little more subtle.

I picked up a ton of other groceries at the grocery store and Wal-Mart. Thankfully I picked up most of the stuff at the grocery store, because much of what I needed was just on an empty shelf at Wal-Mart. Chris worked until noon and did a little shopping of his own on his way home.

My last post was intended to be filled in. It was just a list of things I could remember doing on Friday. I was everywhere, including Wal-Mart THREE TIMES that day. I also forgot to mention in my sporadic blogging that I got my hair cut and coloured the Friday before last, with a streak of red just to be festive. Somewhere in my hustling and bustling I lost my favourite pair of mitts but I replaced them with a cheap fuzzy pair that are doing the trick just fine.

My last day of work before Christmas was Thursday. I still took the kids to the sitter on Friday, Monday and Tuesday in order to attempt getting things done for Christmas. I was not one of those brave souls who takes little children to the store right before Christmas.

I had a lunch date with Cindy on Monday, and with Silvia & Diane on Tuesday. Cindy and I did a little shopping after lunch. Silvia and Diane and I tried out the new Indian/Greek restaurant that recently opened and I LOVED IT. I had the buffet and it was fantastic, with plenty of deliciousness and spice. I finished all my print projects I needed to do, including Silvia's 7th annual calendar for her Dad, which is my biggest and favourite project of the year. I did whip up some Christmas cards to send out, but they just haven't been sent yet. ::sigh::

Well, it's been a busy week but a good one so far and I'm looking forward to getting together with all the family we can round up.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Merry Christmas, my sweet friend! I love you to bits!!! I pray today was as much fun as it could be!!

We'll talk soon, I hope!!

Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:32:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home