Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Working My Way Back

Oh heavens. Why do I hurt my brain so? These past few weeks I've been all over the place, physically and mentally! I have a few pictures and even a video or two to post.

Last time I posted was Cooper's birthday, and my office staff party, where, as always, we had a great time. First we went bowling (glow bowling) and then to Dawn's house, where Chris and I experienced playing Wii for the first time. It's somewhere on our Christmas list but not before we get a bigger TV! It was hilarious, particularly after a few paralyzers and a couple liqueurs.

We had birthday cake for Cooper a couple days after his birthday. By the end of this week, I will have put in about a thousand MILES on my traveling IT gig. I'll be back in my regular job soon, once I'm done with the data entry I need to do for the project, and Christmas vacation.

The weather has seriously cooled down and the ice road is in full swing. Dad is in charge of the maintenance of it again this year, and it's perfectly groomed and a great shortcut to their house. Now to find the time to get out and visit more!

I'm going to let the pictures do a bit of the talking now... :)



The look of intensity and competitiveness on my face speaks hilarious volumes to me. There is also a video that could accompany this, but that will not be posted. Let's just say I really immersed myself in the game and apparently knocked an ornament off the tree with one of my spastic, awkward movements.

Of course Chris will not be spared in my Wii sharing moment.
Here he is winding up for a big Tennis serve...

Cooper enjoying his favourite hairdo, the ''faux-hawk''
on the day of his third birthday.



Cooper and his buddy-cousin Josh the night of the Santa Claus parade.


Another of the fine highways I had the (dis)pleasure of traveling recently.


Cooper about to partake in some festivities a few days after his actual birthday.



Here we are singing Happy Birthday to Cooper. For some reason,
he kept ducking under the table and hiding. But he came up in the
end to blow out the candle. Hilariously adorable!

Well, since Cooper turned three, I decided to officially attempt potty training him. This is something I've casually been working at since he was about six months old. Yeah, really! I encouraged him along the way and he's officially interested in wearing 'big boy gotchies' full time. Since the weekend I've only put a pull-up on him at bedtime. This will save us plenty in pull-ups

Carter's school concert is tomorrow. Chris can't make it but Mom and Dad just might. I'll be sure to take pictures and video and I promise I'll post them before Easter (insert eye roll here.)

Last but not least I will leave you with our third annual Decking the Halls video. This is a time-lapse video of decorating the tree with the kids. Below this video I will link the two previous ones, going back to the first, where Cooper had just started walking a couple weeks before. I hope my boys will always have their enthusiasm for the season and for helping Mommy decorate!




1 Comments:

Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

where have the past two years gone?! I remember you doing this the first year - and let me tell you, I seriously look forward to this tradition of watching your time-lapse decorating technique.. and one of these times I'm going to watch your living room clock to see how long it REALLY takes you when you have 2 boys helping you!!

Friday, December 19, 2008 5:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home