Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Happy 12th Anniversary Chris!

Today is our twelfth wedding anniversary. Wow those years have gone by quickly; particularly since we had the boys. This morning I took the boys to church. Since Mom and Dad had evening plans, they wanted to take us out for breakfast after church instead of having us over for supper. I got Chris to drop us off at church so he could pick us up for breakfast.

Church was good and so were the boys. We had a visiting priest today. He's been at a church in our area recently, but was originally from Nigeria, with a fantastic accent. Just as he was about to do his sermon, there was a bit of a commotion. A young woman had fallen in the aisle. Fortunately there were three wonderful nurses nearby that came to her assistance. I grabbed my cell phone to call 911. For being such a small town it didn't seem too easy to get an ambulance on its way. It was pretty quick though; they were there within about seven or eight minutes. Apparently she's had this happen before and she had a family member with her. Scary. When the deacon and priest continued after she was taken by the paramedics, they prayed for her. I sure hope she's okay.

Meanwhile, I had asked Chris to pick us up at about five minutes before mass would ordinarily end, but with the delay we got out almost a half hour later. The one time I get Chris to pick us up...

We went for breakfast with Mom and Dad and the aunts and uncles. Carter had bacon and an egg and toast. Really, he's becoming a good little eater! Cooper had opted for a cinnamon bun and did a really good number on it! Thanks again to Mom and Dad for a great breakfast!

We cruised around for a bit after breakfast then Chris reminded me we had a birthday party to go to. Crap! I got him to drop me off at Wal-Mart and I ran in to get a gift. We went home and I wrapped up the present. There wasn't much time before Carter and I needed to leave. Chris took off with Cooper to run some errands.

I took Carter to the party. He had a good time. It was another bowling party. Here are a couple shots of him bowling.

After the party it was decent enough out for the kids to play outside. Carter is doing better with one training wheel. Once in awhile he forgets and starts to topple over. I decided to take the kids for a bike ride (while I walked). We went to a running track to practice. Carter did a full round without a problem. Cooper would keep stopping then had a hard time getting going again. Both boys hadnt' napped so they didn't have the patience for this excursion. We got back home and I expected them both to nap but they didn't. I talked them into going in for a bit to play with the new barrel-o-slime I picked up after the birthday party. They both took off outside again.

I started to get supper ready. I made a meatloaf and yummy cheesy mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. Cooper had fallen asleep after a meltdown just before I started cooking. He slept through supper. Carter was still up but not in full force. He nibbled on supper then fell asleep not long after we were done. Cooper woke up briefly once or twice. I'm fully expecting him to get up and party when I'm ready to go to bed and it's almost midnight now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Happy belated Anniversary Melly

Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home