Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Break From The Deep Freeze

Over the weekend the temperature gradually increased. We're almost in the single digits, still on the minus side of course. Friday night we had pizza for supper. Saturday Chris worked until noon. I did some Wal-Mart shopping, a big, expensive cartful. One of the non-list items was a Glade flameless candle. Gives the illusion of a flickering candle with a nice French vanilla scent. Most of what I bought were groceries though, and plenty of them.

Sunday I took Cooper with me to church. Chris had planned to take Carter fishing, and Carter didn't want to come with me anyway. Cooper was quite well-behaved in church, which always makes it more enjoyable. After church we met up with Mom and Dad and the aunts and uncles. After breakfast I brought Cooper home. Chris was getting ready to go fishing and suddenly Carter had a change of heart and wanted to stay home. However, as soon as Cooper showed an interest in going, Carter flip-flopped back to wanting to go again.

I continued suiting up Cooper and dealt with listening to Carter mope for a few minutes. Carter has recently taken over my computer. Now that he can read and write he types in my password and plays games on it. I do still have the laptop, but it's easier still for me to just go over to my computer and check my email and stuff. The other computer, the boys' computer is usually occupied by Cooper. I asked Carter at some point if I could go on and check my email. His reply? ''Use your laptop.'' I had a good laugh over that one.

Chris and Cooper spent a few hours out on the lake. I prepared a chicken dish for supper and baked a chocolate cake to make death by chocolate for dessert. We were having my cousin's family over for supper. They arrived about five. We visited for a bit before supper was ready. Supper was a success, though one of their boys is a chickadee like our boys and just nibbled on a little bit of rice and a roll. Dessert was popular, and almost all gone. We had a great visit after supper too. It really felt like Saturday again.

This morning went fairly smoothly. The boys got up at a reasonable time to allow for some time at home to eat breakfast before we left. There were few disagreements about what to wear and what to eat and drink and we were on our way without a hitch.

It was a good day at work, just the right balance of busy. At lunch I came home to eat some leftovers and took Carter to school. I had a few minutes left and popped in to see Chris at work before returning to the office.

After work I was bushed. I picked up the kids and came home. I had designated Chris as the cook tonight, since we had some great leftovers to warm up. I sort of dozed lightly off and on but the kids were pretty squirrelly. They barely ate anything. I hadn't planned to eat much if anything for supper since I was so tired but I managed to squeeze in a few leftovers. I went to lie down for a bit but I could hear screeches and bangs and clangs on a non-stop basis courtesy of the boys. I got up and shut down their computers. It really ticked them off but they did settle down for awhile. Oddly Carter is still up and it's nearly ten o'clock. Cooper is still going strong of course, and being particularly pesky.

Chris is trying to watch the movie Saw V but he keeps dozing off and the kids keep wandering in so he keeps pausing it, since we figure it might freak the kids a bit to see someone get decapitated or blown to bits! I'm about ready to go pass out. I look forward to a day when my kids both have a normal bedtime so I can get stuff done in the evenings again!

Oh, and on a very adorable note, when I brought the kids home Carter was talking about snowflakes. He said, ''Snowflakes are unique.'' I asked him what that meant and he told me that all snowflakes are different. Very cute. Very smart. I loved it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Very cute, very smart!!!

Snow... I really miss snow.

Oh, and tag, you're it!!

http://ndisb.blogspot.com/2009/01/tagged-and-giving-thanks.html

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:56:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A Break From The Deep Freeze" or a break from your blog?

Friday, January 23, 2009 1:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home