Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is Gonna Be A Short One...

It is soooooooooo cold out I just want to hibernate until this cold snap is over. Minus forty degrees is just cruel. That and it's still dark out when I get up in the morning. I'm really looking forward to spring.

On a happier note, I'm glad that I'm saving myself some extra time and money in the mornings by not going to Tim Horton's for coffee each day. I'm still drinking green tea or water instead and am staying relatively junk-free.

Today was a good day at work. At lunchtime I ran a couple errands and took Carter to school. I picked up the kids and we came home. These past couple days the kids have had cinnamon toast for breakfast. They ate two pieces each this morning!!! When we came home I was about to feed them some leftover chicken, but they both asked for cinnamon toast. I figured that wouldn't hurt and they'd eat more of that than what I had planned. So they both ate two pieces of cinnamon toast for supper too! I don't even think there's enough bread for breakfast in the morning. Hopefully they'll settle for an English muffin; I think there might be one or two of those left.

Mom and I went to Bingo tonight but unfortunately we didn't win. It was close many times but no luck. I guess I'll have to settle for the lottery jackpot this weekend. I'm off to sleep off the rest of Thursday...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy. Your Daddy used to walk 5 miles to school in colder weather than this.:)

Friday, January 16, 2009 1:43:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Yum...cinnamon toast! One of my favorite memories from childhood.

Stay warm, my arctic friend. I'm cold here, but I know it's nowhere near as cold as there!

Friday, January 16, 2009 9:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mellykat said...

"Anonymous said...
Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy. Your Daddy used to walk 5 miles to school in colder weather than this.:)"

Hahahahaha. Yeah, uphill BOTH WAYS. I'm not wimpy, just glad to be indoors! :)

Friday, January 16, 2009 10:06:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home