Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Working My Way Back try to remember what happened this past week. I'll start with last night, because not much has happened this morning. Chris left before anyone was awake. He took the Jeep down to the shop to put some rock guard on the rocker panels. The boys and I are just hanging out, and they already had their latest breakfast fad of cinnamon toast.

Last night we took the kids to the movie theatre to see ''Bedtime Stories'' starring Adam Sandler. The previews looked good, and the movie was good too. Courteney Cox-Arquette was also in it, which I didn't glean or remember from the previews, and all of Adam Sandler's usual cohorts, including Rob Schneider uttering his signature line.

The last time we took the kids to the show, I had to take Cooper to the bathroom two or three times. Last night the plot of the movie was just getting underway when Cooper announced his first request to use the facilities. I told him to ask his Dad. He did. Yay for me. In what seemed like only a few moments later, he was announcing he had to poop. Not yay me. I tried to get Chris to go again and I whined and pouted when he said it was my turn. Uh, it's ALWAYS my turn. (rant over). It was a false alarm and we returned to our seats. Carter didn't make it through the whole movie. I was trying to convince him to take a little nap yesterday afternoon so he would stay awake for the movie, but no go. I was even secretly feeding him Skittles after he ate his popcorn. I think Chris passed out in the last half hour or so. I managed to keep Cooper still sitting on my lap for the most part.

It wasn't until after we all got settled back into the warmth of home that I remembered we needed to stop for milk on the way home. I ventured back out into the cold and the Jeep was still luke-warmish. I headed for Safeway and grabbed a few groceries along with said milk. On the way home I stopped to rent a movie, ''My Best Friend's Girl'' starring Dane Cook, Jason Biggs and Kate Hudson. It's fairly lude and crude but Kate Hudson shines as usual, and there was one part that had me giggling for about five minutes. (No spoilers here, you'd have to watch it for yourself.)

Yesterday afternoon Chris went to pick up our new-to-us computer cabinet. It's one of those wooden units with the doors to hide all my junk! I had worked feverishly in the morning along with doing umpteen loads of laundry, to move the two computers in the living room. I switched sides, and took all the books and papers and crap off each computer desk. I sorted everything into relevant piles and dusted and vacuumed around everything. I also eliminated a printer that isn't in use and found a pile of extra cords and wires. I'm planning to use the cabinet as my 'office' and keep my laptop and all my supplies in there. I can even put one of those child locks on the doors if I find the boys getting into it.

I had a great morning with the boys. I've been feeling well-rested and more chipper in the mornings lately, resulting in household harmony, even at all hours of the night and morning. I have to constantly remind myself that these guys won't be little much longer and I'll miss their asking me for help when they don't need it as much anymore. (sigh)

All weekend each time I went to the basement I switched over loads of laundry. I don't go to the basement for much else, so usually the laundry just piles and piles up. But I'm going to try to keep a routine of laundry. I'm just about done all the towels and bedding, and there is plenty of underwear and stuff for the boys to wear!

Now as indicated in my previous mini-post I'll try to cover the stuff that happened during the week. One morning as I was getting ready for work, Cooper was either in the tub or on the toilet and was apparently watching me put on my makeup. I got to the finishing touch of mascara when Cooper asked, ''Why is your mouth open?'' I told him it helps open my eyes so I can put the mascara on better. Usually I catch myself but he beat me to it. This kid is very observant.

Mom asked me to join her lunch gang on Tuesday. I ran to my eyebrow wax appointment and ran to the restaurant and since Mom had already ordered for me my lunch arrived quickly. Dad drove Mom to lunch, and on the way they picked up Mom's friend's Mom. Mom went to sit in the back seat and when she went to get in the car, she found Cindy's bracelet that Cindy lost on Christmas Eve. Cindy knew she lost it when she was with Mom and Dad but they had thoroughly searched the car. That night after church they had gone to the cemetary to light the ice candles on the family graves. They even had gone back to the cemetary to look for it, and Cindy planned a walkthrough in the spring once the snow leaves. Luckily she doesn't have to do that now.

I think it was also Tuesday we had supper at Mom and Dad's. Awesome spaghetti and meatballs. Chris left work early since it was so quiet and went fishing for the afternoon. Carter and Cooper did a great job devouring the spaghetti and meatballs. We hung out for awhile to visit.

Wednesday night I made pancakes for supper, which the kids loved. Chris ate the leftover leftover spaghetti from Mom and Dad's, which was still quite awesome. I had volunteered to make a dessert for the 'Grand Dessert' fundraiser event for the Canadian Cancer Society on Thursday night. All week I had planned to bake the cake portion of the dessert on Wednesday night. I had all the ingredients I needed, but by Wednesday I forgot. So on Thursday I had my work cut out for me. Good thing I work best under pressure! I ran home after work and threw the cake in the oven. I whipped up the chocolate mousse for the middle layer of the 'death by chocolate' I was making. I ran to pick up the kids. Ran back home and took the cake out and put it in the fridge. I had arranged to go look at a used computer desk after work so Chris and I met up to go see the guy about it. It will be perfect to house all my little 'office' items for my laptop and my scrapbooking.

I grabbed happy meals for the kids and Chris and ran home to prepare the dessert. It turned out perfectly and I left to deliver it. Still in keeping with my no-junk 'resolution' or whatever you want to call it, I went to pick up a sub for myself for supper. I'm still McDonald's-free and Tim Horton's-free. I have treated myself to a couple desserts and bits of chocolate, but nothing like I used to.

On Friday night Kelly and I made an impromptu Bingo date, likely our last for a long time to come. Of course we had fun but it did suck that we didn't win. And that brings us back to today. Since it took me three tries to complete this post today, Chris is back from cleaning the Jeep, Cooper is taking a nap and Carter is glued to a new computer game. One of our computers is sick so everyone is using ''Mommy's computer''. The one that used to be 'no boys allowed.' ::sigh:: With all the gaming sites they visit I already have plenty of tracking cookies piling up. I just backed up almost all my pictures from the laptop. I'm going to pick up one more SD card to store the rest, then I'm going to back up my scrapbooking stuff. Backing up about half of my pictures took an hour so the scrapbooking stuff might take an afternoon! Speaking of scrapbooking, I'm hoping to get some going one of these days.


Blogger Angie said...

Dude, that exhausted me just reading it. Oh well, it was fun! :)

I'm so proud of you on the anti-TH and anti-MCDs thing. SO proud of you!

Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:23:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peanut gallery?

Kudos today though.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:43:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thompson, Manitoba?

Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:53:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home