Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Confessions of a Scrapaholic

Man it feels good to get back into some real scrapping again. Today was a pretty good day at work. I took some Tylenol this morning to get past the achiness and coughing. It was also a very busy day so that kept me going too. Oh, not to mention I had one of those caramel macchiatto thingies. At about three this afternoon...which is quite likely why I'm still up and scrapping at this zany hour.

After work I went out to the Jeep to leave work, but I couldn't find my ignition key for the Jeep. CRAP. I started digging in my purse but didn't see it. I looked back in the office in and around my desk. Nope. I called the sitter to tell her that was why I was running late. And I felt stuuuuuuuuupid. I kept tearing my purse apart and I dumped the whole works of it out on the floor and sifted through the rubble to no avail.

I retraced my steps and realized that perhaps when we walked to Starbucks it could have fallen out of my pocket. I had called Chris to come and bail me but he didn't show up before I walked down the alley and FOUND the key. Thank God. I couldn't help but wonder what that little delay could possibly have saved me from encountering if I'd left work when I'd intended to. I raced over to pick up the kids and we came home.

We had sandwiches for supper, which the kids had placed their orders for before we even got home. These kids are seemingly getting an appetite these days, and I'm happy to oblige them even if it's just for a peanut butter sandwich as opposed to whatever else is on the table.

I spent the evening alone with the boys as Chris went to hang out with his fishing buddies. Carter has really been enjoying colouring lately, more than ever, and seemingly quite suddenly begun to colour inside the lines. We've got a few real keepers that he's done lately. Cooper on the other hand is a bit of an 'angry colourer' and he just attacks the paper with the crayons. Likely just to get my attention, which of course works for him.

Cooper was up late, almost until eleven. Carter zonked hours ago. Now it's my turn. Here's my new stuff:

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

omg!! I am SO in love with these LOs, girl!

squee! Melly is BACK!

Friday, February 20, 2009 4:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and these are amazing.. the greeny one at the lake, i saved so i can copy it later

Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great work as always Melly...just had to pop in and get an Up and Over fix!

Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I love em, too!!!

Monday, February 23, 2009 6:23:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home