Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, February 02, 2009

Mundane Monday

Oh how I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I felt fine, although I was oddly hoping my throat would still be sore and maybe I would have lost my voice so I could have called in sick and crawled back into bed. But my sore throat had magically disappeared and I was doomed to face the day feeling fine.

I got washed up and ready and did the usual drill for the boys. Carter slept almost until it was time to go. It was getting down to crunch time so I had to take the boys' breakfast 'to go'. It was a frosty morning and Chris had plugged the Jeep in for me before he left for work. I was pleased that I remembered to unplug it before I left.

Work was much of the usual and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. I grabbed subs and had a quick lunch with Chris. I took Carter to school and headed back to the office. It turned out to be a pretty nice day out. I forgot to take anything out for supper, so I quickly thawed some ground beef and whipped up a meatloaf. I wanted to have mashed potatoes and gravy with it but we were out of potatoes so I cooked some rice and corn. While supper was cooking Chris's Grandpa stopped by to visit.

After supper I was doing some Facebooking and I started chatting with my friend Tracy. We really had some serious catching up to do and we're planning to get together soon. It was great to touch base after so long. Cindy stopped by for a bit and Carter read a book with Chris. Cooper is probably still awake watching a movie. I won't be surprised if he is when I go peek in there again.

Now I'm off to check in with my favourite scrapbooking group and maybe get some scrapping done again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home