Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Still at It

Today was kind of a crappy day. It started out with Cooper whining incessantly. First it was for a lollipop. Huh? We don't HAVE lollipops. BUTIWANTONE. Sheesh. I eventually managed to get through a whole seven-minute snooze with the snooze button. Carter wanted the TV on or something. Cooper wanted a movie. And milk. And breakfast. I'm the waitress and handmaid for these children. Sometimes that feels like all I am to them. Once in awhile though, there are those brief shining moments when they look up with all their lovingness and out of the blue say, ''Mom!'' and I say, ''Yes?'' and they say, ''I love you.'' Those moments put everything back into perspective. But alas this morning I was zero on perspective.

I sort of felt 'off' today. Kinda grumpy and like things just weren't going great. Especially after a good day like I had yesterday. Of course I got through it, partly due to a quick lunch out with Kelly. I had an eyebrow wax appointment then I raced over to pick her up. We had grilled chicken salads at Dairy Queen, took Carter to school then raced over to Safeway to grab a Starbucks. Those macchiattos, while pretty good, haven't been quite as good as the first one that threatened to fully addict me. It's getting closer to Lent so I can give up all the crap I have been avoiding so far this year for at least another 40 days. We'll see.

One of my minor annoyances was forgetting to bring Carter's skipants today. This meant I either needed to make a special trip back home and back to the sitter's house or just pick him up from school so he wouldn't have to walk without them. I opted for the latter, since I was able to capitalize on the visit to the school by REGISTERING COOPER FOR KINDERGARTEN this coming September. I filled out the necessary paperwork and they gave me an information package. I picked up Carter and went to tell the sitter's son his kid-walking services weren't required today.

With Chris away fishing today, I was decidedly not going to cook. I picked up the kids and we all had happy meals, myself included. My first Big Mac of the year. Again, easy to avoid but it was a good, easy treat. We came home and ate supper and we all watched movies together. The kids played their computer games...when either sees the other playing a cool game it is another duty of mine to find it so they can both play it. Cooper was a little nightowl again and finally zonked beside me on the couch not that long ago. Way back before nine o'clock I told the boys it was time to shut 'er down and go to bed. If they weren't tired they could watch a movie, but it was bedtime. That worked briefly. They both tried to fire up the computer and get at the games again but I persisted on shooing them away. Carter fell asleep shortly after (he's the EASY one!) but Cooper kept making appearances.

I enjoyed chatting with Jill this evening while still feeling creative, and I did this page while I was talking to her. This is for Christy's new kit coming out next week. This is a picture of Cooper and me in the hospital the day he was born. That's about it for today I think...I'm starting to get verrrrrry sleeeeeeeeeeepy...

Photobucket Photobucket

Edited to add: Okay, so I did one more before I actually went to bed... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

really precious layouts... have always loved your work melany

Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

I just went over to check out Barb's new blog (nice job!), and saw your link and since I hadn't been here in awhile, thought I'd visit.

Sorry to hear of the general unwellness of the Groves clan. Never a good time, that.

Beautiful layouts. :)

Glad to hear that everyone is working back to health again.

Take care. E

Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home