Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sneezy Sneezerson

Sneezing and stuffed up. Ick. And poor Carter started to complain of an earache last night. But he's not much of a complainer so I waited it out. When we got home he mentioned it again, then after supper he said it was really hurting. So I took him up to the ER. This cute little teeny tiny doctor looked in Carter's ear and there was too much wax in the way to see his eardrum. She picked some out with a curette, and I kept asking him if he was okay. He lay perfectly still and didn't make a peep. At one point he said the lights were bright and he put his hand over his eyes until she was done. She didn't determine anything, but advised me to put some oil in his ear every few hours and give him Tylenol and Advil for the pain. Since there was no fever to accompany his symptoms, she wrote a prescription for antibiotics in case the pain doesn't subside until tomorrow night. Then we can start them if we need them. I'll be picking them up tomorrow just in case.

As soon as we left the hospital he finally admitted how much his ear was hurting when the doctor was looking in it. Poor guy cried all the way home. I gave him Tylenol as soon as we got home and put some oil in his ear. I warmed one of those flaxseed pillow thingies and he lay on that for a bit. Now the Tylenol seems to be working and he's feeling much better. I was amazed to find that Cooper was sleeping when we got home from the hospital and it was only eight-thirty! I was also amazed that we were up to the hospital and back in under forty-five minutes!

I probably sneezed about fifty times today. I took a decongestant that helped for about the first six hours of the day. I'm going to take some more and head for bed. Carter is still up so I'll keep him company until he's ready to go to sleep. I actually finished a scrapbook page but I'm so not posting it tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Awwww, this hurts my heart. Poor little guy. I just want to squeeze him until he feels better.

funny I'm reading this now, after my 50th sneeze in the last 10 minutes. I loathe high pollen season...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry that Carter's not feeling well. Bless his little heart!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home