Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, July 09, 2009


Things have been ticking along as quickly as always, ticking very quickly when it comes to my blogging so as per usual of late this will be an odd, sporadic post. Last week I had a few lunch dates. My cousin Jason was in town and we got to have a few visits with him. Chris's brother Jason and Claire also came to town and we were happy to see them a few times on the weekend.

The day after I last blogged I took the boys to the Teddy Bear Picnic. It was a beautiful day, a little windier than I'd like but it definitely kept us cool enough. Chris was gone fishing but I managed okay with two excited little boys. They did a variety of activities and had some fun. Pictures will follow at the end of this post.

Somewhere in these almost two weeks I took the boys for a kayak ride with Kelly. I was terrified of dumping my camera in the river so I didn't take any documenting pictures. Next time I will, even if it's just on-shore pictures.

Mom and Dad were going to come visit one evening but changed their minds. Mom had wanted to come to town for an ice-capp from Timmy's. After I dropped off cousin Jason and Chris's Dad, I did a quick Timmy's run to get her one. I drove out to Mom and Dad's and left it on the doorstep, rang the doorbell and leapt into the Jeep and drove away. By the time Dad opened the door I wasn't quite out of their driveway so I was busted. Mom would have known where it came from anyway, but it was a fun drive-by, nonetheless. :)

The weather has been odd; the night I did that drive-by, there was an F2 tornado that touched down about an hour and a half away from here, which is oh-so-very-rare around here. I did notice some interesting cloud formations in my own travels and even stopped to take pictures along the way, only to find out about the extreme weather not so far away just a couple hours later. I also saw two turtles on my drive. One on my way out and one in a completely different area on the way back. Oh and a deer too. It was an interesting drive!

On the weekend I had lunch with an out-of-town coworker and her friend. We had an awesome lunch at the Indian/Greek restaurant again. I came home with a ''food baby'' and the taste and smell of garlic lingered on me for long afterward. I love eating there.

This week has been kind of a rotten one. The kids seem to have caught a (thankfully mild) case of hand, foot and mouth disease. I never fully clued in until the kids were having a hard time eating dinner (yeah Angie, I said dinner...tell your friend Thomas!) on Monday night. The sitter had mentioned the week before that a couple of the kids had it but their moms kept them home so I didn't think much of it. They both had some little sores in their mouths. I wanted to confirm what it was so we all hiked up to the hospital to get checked out. Once we were under the bright fluorescent hospital lighting we were able to see a few little pimply marks on their hands and feet, but thankfully they are very few and very far between. I did a Google Image Search to find out about it and there are some hideous pictures of the sores that are common with the ailment. Thank God our kids don't have it bad like that! We were in and out of there in around two hours, with the doctor basically telling us that yes, it was what we thought it was, and that we could go look it up on the internet to find out about it. His first words were (and I quote) ''Well, there's frig-all we can do about it.''

So I've kept the boys home yesterday and today and it's been brutal. The weather sucks plus we couldn't really go to the park anyway for fear of being contagious to other kids there. So we've been cooped up and Cooper has really been testing my limits more than ever. I've been stressed about the kids' being sick, about missing work on my last week before I have some time off and with their behaviour so I've been feeling down.

Yesterday I had a hair appointment. I went for a cut and colour and it always feels good to get a new haircut. She added in a few highlights too just for variety, though I could use a few more in the front where they would be more visible. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a much better day and I can have a boost in enthusiasm again.

Here are a some random pictures since the last time I blogged:

(This one is for Christy...the yellow dude's name is Gary lol)


Anonymous Big Al said...

Awesome update...and awesome pics Mel. Cheers to you and your family. Have a wonderful vacation. :~)

Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Okay, so it was 9 days ago. . .but I finally read this one.

And, if I'm honest, we say "supper" around here a lot!! :)

Saturday, July 18, 2009 8:27:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home