Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, July 04, 2009

What Can I Say?

It's summer. And even though I'm on the computer quite a bit, I've mostly been doing Facebook updates and playing that stupid game Farkle and just really haven't felt the enthusiasm for blogging. Or scrapbooking. How very sad. We've had some fantastic weather and some not so fantastic weather. We had about five depressing days in a row of rain but now it's nice again.

My birthday came and went. We followed our tradition of quite a few years now of going to the pancake breakfast at the Legion with my Mom and Dad. Chris's Dad joined us this time. By the time we got home this old girl was ready for a nap. (snicker) Chris took Cooper fishing and I hung out with Carter. Kelly called to see if I wanted to go for a walk. Cindy stopped by first to bring me my birthday present. My hilarious sister bought me reading glasses. As I mentioned in a post a couple months ago, (which by the frequency of my blogging lately it's still on this page...oh look at me digressing like my friend Angie...) I am at the stage where reading glasses are an option. Inside the card she wrote, ''Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.'' Although instead of the word bullet, there was an actual bullet. Hilarious. Also in the package was a puzzle I have yet to figure out.

Mom and Dad gave me money toward my obsession of late; I've decided I want to have an iPod touch. My delightful coworkers pitched in to get me a couple Future Shop gift cards (and a couple of those sweethearts got me flowers too!) The day before my birthday I got home and there was a delivery guy pulling in the driveway behind me. He had a gift bag with three helium-filled mylar balloons attached. It was from Kelly. Inside were four packages of Reese Peanut Butter Cups, a gift card for Future Shop and a gift card for Starbucks. I was very excited that I was well on my way to getting my iPod.

At suppertime I went to get McDonald's for the boys since I was headed to Bingo with Mom. I found out earlier in the day there was a Bingo and since it meant free admission on my birthday, I wanted to go. I also wanted to go the fireworks but it was doubtful with the timing. That and the kids are usually sound asleep by that time. Unfortunately despite the fun we had, we didn't win Bingo. I had a couple good close calls. Not only did I get a free card for admission but Mom and I had heard that if you wear something Canada-ish, you get a free card so I had a few Canada tattoos on and Mom wore a Canada flag sash and we got another freebie for that. On the way home we could see flashes in the sky off in the distance. At first I figured it was a storm, but we realized we could see the reflection of the fireworks off in the distance. On the way home after dropping off Mom, I could see a few really high ones. But by the time I got to town it was pretty much finished.

For some silly reason, I didn't take Thursday off work. With Canada Day/My Birthday on a Wednesday this year it didn't make for a long weekend. I had already booked off Friday and really should have included Thursday. This weekend we plan on taking the kids mini-golfing and to see Night at the Museum 2 at the drive-in.

Now I fully realize this has been a lame attempt at a catch-up so I'll use these pictures as filler... pictures of our nature walks, trips to the park, face painting on Canada Day (there are no pictures of the birthday girl on her birthday; it was a pretty low-key day) and of Cindy's puppy(ies). I took Carter to see Cindy and Bob's new puppy yesterday. His name is Gunner and he is a soft little adorable guy. By the time we got home, there was already another puppy living with them. Her name is Joon. Supposedly they got two puppies so they can keep each other company. Yeah, good one. Six kids and two parents and a puppy needs company. Hilarious! The two are definitely adorable, and it really is cute to see the two siblings together. Now on to the pictures...have a super duper day! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Big Al said...

Awesome post. btw....I stay 1 week ahead on my daily 10. Cheers. :~)

Sunday, July 05, 2009 8:00:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home