Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Yeah, I Know...

It's been a freaking forever since I blogged aside from this morning, and here I am doing it again. But we have had a fun day today. After Chris came home from work we took the boys mini-golfing. Cooper lasted exactly one half round and was terribly interested in the playground. Carter almost survived the whole course. His enthusiasm started to wane around the twelfth hole. I on the other hand was still feeling terribly competitive...therefore Chris and I tried to continue a real game. Not once, not twice, but THREE times, Cooper stopped my ball as I tried to play through. Boooooooooo.

Once we were done playing our quasi-game, we headed for the playground. A couple weeks ago I found a fun ''colour accent'' setting on my camera that lets you choose a colour accent and makes the rest of the picture black and white. Today I chose blue since the boys were wearing matching blue outfits and I really liked the effect.

After we left the mini golf course, we headed for Dairy Queen. Carter wanted a Blizzard instead of the usual ice cream cone. Cooper just said ''chocolate'' (that's my boy!) so I got him a baby cone dipped in chocolate. Chris had a tin roof brownie blizzard and I had my favourite-of-late hot fudge sundae with Reese Peanut Butter Cups on top. Carter did a really good job on the Blizzard and Cooper surprisingly ate his entire cone...without any serious mess!

After ice cream it was still kind of nice out, though starting to cloud up. We headed for one of the schools to play on the playground and we all had some fun. Tonight we're going to see Night at the Museum 2. Cooper is taking a late nap so he'll easily last for the whole movie, but I'm anticipating Carter will be zonking out shortly after it gets started since he is rebelling against napping at the moment. So now I'll leave the rest of this post to the pictures... :)








3 Comments:

Anonymous Big Al said...

Nice warm family post Mel. The blue/b/w photos are so cool. Cheers. :~)

Sunday, July 05, 2009 7:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

awesome colour accent work Melly...have a great week

Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Patchoulia said...

That's some impressive brachiating by Chris in that last picture!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:28:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home