Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pajama Party!!!

Last night was my first annual potluck pajama party. I had invited nearly fifty people, with friends and coworkers. The turnout was about twenty-four and we all managed to fit in our little living room. Everyone brought an hors-d'oeuvre-type snack or a dessert. There was food EVERYWHERE. Oh, and booze too! :)

It was a wonderful evening, with partygoers arriving and departing throughout the evening. One even called at twelve-thirty and she still came over! By three the party population was down to four of us. One was my neighbour who walked home and Kelly's husband picked her up and gave a ride to the other remaining guest. I definitely want to do this again!

I made lootbags for everyone containing a little pack of Kleenex, a pad of post-it notes, a matching pen, a few Lifesavers and a mini air freshener spray, all in a pink bag with a nametag for each. I had hung balloons in two shades of pink, covered the tables in pink tablecloths and had pink cups, napkins and plates to match. After everyone left I was so tired and there was so much to clean up. Tons of leftover food, drink bottles and cups, napkins. Oy. I put away a bit of the food that would spoil and I went to lie down. And I CRASHED. I woke up at about seven-thirty with a gnarly headache. Dang rum coolers! Oh yeah, and the shots of liqueur too. I do believe a good time was had by all.

I filled a garbage bag with all the napkins and bottles and some of the leftover food and went back to bed. There was still much to do, and there still is, but it was all worth it. Today is Kelly's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELLY!!!) and we have a date for Bingo tonight! Hopefully I'll be back on later with news of a big win.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

so where are the photos of you in your sexy PJs??? And I want a party bag!

Monday, March 30, 2009 5:15:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Okay. . . it's been a week. Ahem.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 5:38:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home