Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, April 06, 2009

And the Oscar Goes To...

Slumdog Millionaire!!! OMGWHATANAMAZINGMOVIE. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Just as suspenseful as any thriller and I cried with relief at the end. Wow. Lots of Wow. I can't remember how many awards this movie got but it deserved every one.

This morning was a pretty good one. Chris helped wrangle the boys into their clothes, which always helps. I fed them breakfast after he left for work and we got out of the house with time to spare for getting to work. I got a call on my way to the office to request some ice melter for the entranceway to the office. First I tried Wal-Mart. Evidently they believe winter ended a couple weeks ago as they haven't replenished their stock, nor will they. Next stop was Canadian Tire. I saved myself the trouble of looking and asked at customer service. Same deal. Sheesh. There's still plenty of ice to be melted out there, folks and who's to say we won't end up with more??!!

I tried one more store and they had it right in their entranceway. I grabbed a pail and paid and went along my way to work. They were just starting to wonder if I was going to show up since the manager who called me got busy and forgot to tell anyone I was on an errand! The morning flew by as all Monday mornings do. At lunch I stopped to grab a couple eggrolls for Chris and me to snack on. I stopped in to see him for a minute then was off to take Carter to school.

After work I picked up the kids and we came home. I stayed outside with them so they could play on their bikes in the driveway for awhile. (Yeah, it turned out to be a pretty nice day or I'd have made Chris stay out with them!) Carter kept getting hung up on the icy and snowy patches still left on the driveway and he would just sit there spinning his wheels and his legs would be pedaling away. It appeared amusing, though he was frustrated. He's getting better on the bike though, and we need to raise the seat a bit since he's grown so much since last summer!

We came in and I was planning on nuking leftover spaghetti when Cindy called. She was coming to town to drop off the movie, Slumdog Millionaire for us to watch since the rental was good for one more night. That, and she had some fantastic leftovers to share with us. Still-hot spaghetti sauce from her supper tonight, and some chicken and fantastic potatoes and veggies from yesterday. I put the whole chicken dish in the oven while we visited for a bit and we thoroughly enjoyed it. (Thanks again, Cindy AND BOB!!!)

I must rewind a little to mention that Chris is quickly becoming addicted to playing Guitar Hero. I was sitting there laughing at his struggling to hit about seventeen notes at once when I walked over and started pushing the coloured buttons while he strummed the notes. Hilarious! There is no way I could ever actually play this game properly, but since it was a familiar song I had a slight clue and managed to eke out the right coloured buttons for the most part. At that moment Cindy came into a living room full of laughter.

We watched our Monday evening lineup of Dancing With the Stars and Castle, with an episode of Corner Gas thrown in the middle for a few laughs. Chris zonked out about halfway through Castle, so he was nowhere near awake enough to watch Slumdog with me. I thoroughly enjoyed it on my own. The movie finished just before midnight and now I'm half blogging and half tuned into Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. I'm planning on doing some scrapbook pages by at least the weekend since we got our new creative team assignments. Can't wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

its the 24th i have been catching up on all on your posts but had to say amen to your comment on slumdog... i loved that movie....i wrote about it also...
http://20birds.net/concealedstars/?p=878

great movie, and i think i want a pedicure too

Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:18:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home