Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Four Forty-Four

Wow what a great day!

This morning Kelly and Ben picked me up super early for our quick trip to Winnipeg. Ben had an orthodontist appointment at nine. We did a quick Timmy's run then hit the highway. I glanced at the clock as we were leaving town and it was 4:44.

Just outside Winnipeg at 'Deacon's Corner' there had been an awful crash about 7 hours earlier. The wreckage was huge, and apparently the highway had just recently reopened. Here is a little peek at the wreckage; it seemed to go on forever. I meant to take pictures but the camera was on video so it actually shows the whole thing. Yikes.



When we went to the gas station, we were amazed to find out nobody was seriously hurt. One transport rear-ended another, that was full of hazardous material. Fortunately none of it spilled in the crash or the resulting explosion! There was a fire and the occupants escaped before the fuel tanks exploded. Wow.

We ventured over to Polo Park for Ben's appointment with only a moment to spare. His braces were slated to take about an hour and a half so Kelly and I wandered around the mall to kill time. Not such a bad way to kill time; I haven't been to that mall in AGES. We stopped for a bite to eat at Arby's. It really felt like lunchtime to us since we had gotten up so early, though it was only about ten o'clock.

We went back for Ben and our timing was again perfect. We left the mall and headed over to Regent where we popped in to Future Shop quickly to get the laptop case I've been hemming and hawing over buying for a long time. I had a gift card so it was like a freebie. Next we went to our new favourite place, the nail shop across the street. It was like they were waiting for us and they took us both in right away. Kelly? Opted for a manicure ANDOMGAPEDICURE! I was so proud of her for trying it. She tried to occupy herself by looking at the pretty nail designs she had to choose from, while using the power from every fibre of her being to keep from kicking the nice lady in the head for touching her feet. Once she was finished, Kelly was very pleased with the result, despite the process.

I also had a pedicure, and for the first time ever, got some solar nails. (not exactly sure still of the difference between these and the gel nails or the acrylics...) The process was very cool, though a tad painful on one sensitive fingernail. The guy (yeah, guy!) that did my nails was very quick and very precise. It was really neat how the liquid and the powder instantly turn into the magic gel. In what seemed like no time at all, we had these lovely lovely fingers and toes. I didn't take a picture of Kelly's feet in case she would kick me in the face (haha) but if you see the pretty flower design on ther fingernails, it's the same as the design on her toenails. Very pretty.


Once we were all buffed and polished and dried, we picked up Ben across the street and headed to Costco. We were just making our rounds when we lost Ben. Well, we didn't lose him; but he was done. He was in a lot of pain and very tired. We quickly grabbed a couple more items and headed out for Dairy Queen for some much-needed ice cream oral therapy! At Costco I picked up some yoga pants, some baby outfits for gifts, underwear for Chris, and some bodywash for Chris and me.

We headed out of the city and to our amazement there was not a shred of evidence of that accident at the scene, aside from some darkened streaks on the asphalt. We went to the same gas station to gas up and I picked up some more stuff. A habs t-shirt for Chris, a cute teddy bear backpack for Cooper, and a couple of those invisible ink pen books for Carter. We headed out once again and I glanced down at the clock to find it was once again 4:44.

The road was bare and dry, and we had plenty of daylight to last us the whole trip. It was a great day (though not likely so much for Ben as it was for Kelly and me! - Sorry Ben!) Kelly dropped me off and I did my gift presenting to Chris and Cooper since Carter was unwakable on the couch. I'm sure he'll love those invisible ink books; I still remember those from when I was a kid. Fun stuff. Cooper just fell asleep with his little backpack on. He just got me to help him put his little toy dog in there. Adorable.

It's not quite ten o'clock yet, though it feels more like it's about two in the morning, after about three hours of sleep last night. Hopefully I'll get a couple more hours of sleep in tonight. But hey, tomorrow is Friday already, so it should be a great day anyway! Just one more thing...I'm surprised at being able to type with these nails on; I had my doubts!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Loook Maauvelous Darl'n.
Your the best MGPS anyone could ask for.

Kelly

Friday, April 17, 2009 9:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Lovin' those nails girl! How do you keep the pace up? You are always so busy! Can't believe that stack! No one hurt! Have a great week Melly!

Monday, April 20, 2009 4:17:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, April 20, 2009 4:17:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home