Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Patient Patients!

Today both boys went to the dentist for the first time. Well, not technically the first time for Cooper since he hurt his tooth a couple months ago and we popped in for a quick check-up, but their first real visit. It's UNBELIEVABLE how AWESOME they were. I let Carter go on his own and just popped in to take a couple pictures. Cooper in the meantime had to have a poop so that was no biggie and passed the time for him so as not to stress him out about having his teeth checked.

Carter came in when Cooper got in the chair. He was adorably giving his little brother encouragement. The dental hygienist was showing Cooper her instruments and with each one came his comment that he didn't want it. I left the room to let her continue without his wanting to bail and come to me. He was absolutely fine. Pictures? Yep...




Well, they were both amazing (and very patient) patients. AND? No cavities! Which is also amazing because the boys aren't all about oral hygiene these days. I'm sure this trip to the dentist will have encouraged them to brush more and better.

So I realize it's been a number of days since I blogged. The week has been a bit of a blur. On Tuesday I went to the hairdresser after work. I got my hair done with some subtle highlights and a bit of a trim. It always feels sooooooooo soft when I get it done. The boys have been enjoying playing outside lately, though it's been cool all week until today. Kelly and I went for a walk and took Carter in the stroller. He doesn't really want to ride; he'd of course prefer to ride his bike or walk but I really want to keep up the momentum when we go walking. We did about a forty-five minute walk.

Cindy and Noah came to visit us this evening while Dominic went to a school dance. We've both been pretty crazy busy (she is more than I am, being that she has six kids and all!) I've been working on a few projects; some birth announcements, anniversary invitations and birthday invitations. The projects all seem to roll in at once, which keeps me on my toes. Well, it looks like I might just hit the pillow before midnight tonight...as soon as that video uploads I'm outta here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

how great they were cool with the dentist! Katie has knocked her front teeth way too much for my liking (they are permanently loose) we have been so many times! LOL!

Have a super weekend Melly.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:31:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

they do the glasses over the eyeys thing in canada.. not in florida... we lvoed that when we got here! i love those photos of my kids in sunglasses at the dentists! bit of can/us trivia for your day

Friday, April 24, 2009 7:27:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home